BOOGIEPOP!! Novels finally licensed...

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

BOOGIEPOP!! Novels finally licensed...

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:33 pm

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=1335

I'm so excited. I've been waiting for these since I read the special features on the anime DVD's... I'll finally get the whole story. There are too many things that just confuzzled me on that show... Of course, I know I like enigmatic stuff (like lain) but some stuff in Boogiepop annoyed me because, unlike Lain, I know there is a definate answer, I just wasn't getting it. Well, I can finally get it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Yamato145 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:24 am

YES!!!
awesomeness to the most extreme of measures!!!
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:48 am

AHHH! NO WAY! I've been dying to read these! I can't wait to get my hands on them. Thanks for the great news.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Maledicte » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:13 pm

I heard about it in my LJ group.

I cant waits for them. The manga, especially.
Maledicte

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:39 pm

Where do the books/manga take place in the chronology.I know there was a
live action movie called Boogiepop And Friends that was supposed to be a
prequel to Boogiepop Phantom.
mitsuki lover

Postby Bobtheduck » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:18 pm

Well, there was a live action movie called "Boogiepop and Others" which was allready released in the US...

I think Boogiepop phantom takes place between books 1 and 2, but there is no guarantee that the chronology of the books is linear... Actually, we're almost guaranteed it isn't.

I hope someone releases "Hotaru no Haka" in the US, too... I really want to read that one as well. I think it is rather rare for non-manga books from JP to get a US release...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Bobtheduck

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:34 pm

I hope that the book covers the what happened prior to the majority of the series. I would especially like to know more about the beginning of Boogiepop.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Bobtheduck » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:01 am

I found the official release date: http://www.gomanga.com/manga/boogiepop.php

The fisrt novel is coming in February... So much for a Christmas gift... They called them "light novels" I wonder what that means? 230 is a novel... I thought they were going to be, like, 120 pages long. Of course, there is font size, book size, and spacing to consider, I suppose...
Bobtheduck

Postby Jasdero » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:06 am

The name alone makes me want to read them.
Jasdero

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:16 pm

I-- Bu-- Then-- AH!

LOOK! They're publishing the Boogiepop Manga too! JOY! *saves pennies*

Mangafanatic

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:36 pm

This cartoon really made me a Madhouse fan. It's one of their best.
rocklobster

Return to Book Corner