Robert Jordan fans?

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Robert Jordan fans?

Postby Sparrowhawk » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:36 pm

Hey just wondering if there were any Robert Jordan fans, more specifically, the Wheel of Time series. I just started book 6 Lord of Chaos, so if there are any please use a spoiler warning so I don't read too far! :)

While, it's not Christian, and I don't think it even compares to Tolkien or Lewis (in my humble opinion :) ) i think its my favorite recently (actually still being written) fantasy work.

Jordan full of detail, the story is great, but he also does something i have never seen on this level: Whatever person he is following at that time (there are like 7 character he follows a good bit and many more just not as often), he, while still staying at a third person point of view, takes on the personality, beliefs, and other individual traits of that character. Its really cool.

Well, any one else out there a fan of this series? I did not realize it was popular at all until i found out two of my friends (one at school, the other church) were reading also. My favorite character...thats a tough one, but i have always like wolves, and i like Perrin's quiet manner so probably Perrin!
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."
-Fellowship of the Ring, by JRR Tolkien

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:51 pm

I think we have a thread already HERE

It's good through Book seven and then starts to go downhill in my opinion.
Arnobius

Return to Book Corner