Wild at Heart

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Wild at Heart

Postby redshade » Mon May 16, 2005 5:00 pm

This is one of my favorite books taking you to the heart of a man and into his wound showing you the heart of a man and helping you get back to it
redshade

Postby Hephzibah » Mon May 16, 2005 11:40 pm

I think my bro has read this book, but I haven't personally (since I'm a chick). Do you thik it'd be good for a girl to read as well?
Hephzibah

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon May 16, 2005 11:44 pm

Possibly to get a good perspective of what guys think or how we "operate." I was going to do the course but then my cousin's 21st came up and he lives interstate. Hopefully its on another time. I've heard the book is very good and our pastor used excerpts in Sunday's service to illustrate guys and girls mental and spirtual differences and how God made them compatiable.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Mithrandir » Tue May 17, 2005 5:54 pm

Hmm... Maybe. I read it a while back, and I can't really recommend it for a girl. You know, not even all guys act the same, right?
Mithrandir

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:11 pm

yety its a good book and adresses girls at differnt parts
redshade

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:15 pm

i put yety when i meant yet MY BAD
redshade

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:38 pm

;) You can hit the edit button matie, that way you dont have to double post. So... you've read the book have you? What did you think of it?

yety its a good book and adresses girls at differnt parts

In your opinion, do you think it would be alright for a girl to read it, ie for them to understand men more?
Hephzibah

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:27 pm

I hope this isn't taken in the wrong light, but I really didn't like this book. For the moment, I don't think that it would be wise to go into all my reasons, but I disagree with the author on a number of theological points, and also really can't identify with what he is writing. If you connect with the book, I hope that it can renew your joy for God, but that wasn't my experience.

As for Talame's question, I would personally not recommend it. I know that if a girl read that book and then applied nearly anything he says about guys to me, I would be annoyed.
uc pseudonym

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:05 pm

Im sorry man, i dont fill there was much i disagreed with in it but it did have a lot af good stuff i think i liked the qoutes at the begining of each chapter alot with some of the other things in it to but you know everybody gets something somewhere sometime and its not always going to be in the same place :thumb: oh and thanks for the edit tip man ;)
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.

You do know...He can't take His eyes off you
redshade

Return to Book Corner