Finnaly new Frank Perreti Novel!

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Finnaly new Frank Perreti Novel!

Postby Pent » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:08 am

I just wanted to make a thread on this because there hasn't been one for like 6 years. It's called monster and I just bought it from Family Christian book stores. The one I bought was an exclusive first print so it might not be out normally for a while. I'm at like chapter 5 and I would say it's probably one of the best by perreti. Definetly one of his scariest to. About as scary or more then The Oath.
Pent

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:05 pm

Awesome stuff! I heard about Peretti publishing a new book many months back and I can say I've been waiting a long time for it. I'm getting it today! I can't wait!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:03 pm

I'll probably put this on hold at the library...Can you give us the "backcover overview?"
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:28 pm

(typed from the back cover)

Something's out there...

Reed Shelton organized this survival weekend. Hired the best guide in the region. Meticulously trained, studied, and packed while encouraging his wife, Beck to do the same. But little did they know that surviving the elements would become the least of their worries.

During their first night of camping, an unearthly wail pierces the calm of the forest. Then someone-no, something-emerges from the dense woods and begins pursuing them. Everything that follows is a blur to Reed-except for the unforettable image of a huge creature carrying his wife into the darkness.

Dependent on the efforts of a small town and a band of friends, Reed knows they have little time to find Beck. Even more important, he soon realizes that they aren't the only one's doing the hunting. Something much faster, more relentless-and definetly not human-has begun to hunt them.

Frank Peretti is at the top of his game in this ultimate tale of "survival of the fittest." Nothing is as it first appears in this thriller where things that go bump in the night are only a heartbeat away.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Ssjjvash » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:03 pm

Pent wrote:I just wanted to make a thread on this because there hasn't been one for like 6 years. It's called monster and I just bought it from Family Christian book stores. The one I bought was an exclusive first print so it might not be out normally for a while. I'm at like chapter 5 and I would say it's probably one of the best by perreti. Definetly one of his scariest to. About as scary or more then The Oath.

:brow: I prebought it! But I promised my younger brother that I wouldn't read it without him, so it'll be a while before I finish it. I read it to him at night.
Yay, Peretti!! and thank you for another good read!!!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby That Dude » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:49 am

Coolness. Thanks for the synopsis W4C. I'm gonna put this on hold sometime.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:56 am

No problems Dude! By the way, its W4J not W4C, but I'll forgive you! ;)

Don't you hate it when you're part way through a book and then you buy a book and want to read it, but can't because the other book should be finished first? That's the situation I'm in. I'm waiting to read "Monster" as I've been waiting 5 years for another Peretti adult book, but currently I'm reading Book 4 of the Otherland series and its a 900+ page book.
*Oh the humanity! Must restrain self... discipline is the key.* Don't spoil it anyone.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Namelessknight » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:25 pm

Scary as the Oath? Come on, that book was one of his lamest. So I'm afraid that doesn't bode well for this one. But I"m hoping, cause i do like 'most' of perreti's stuff...
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:52 pm

How was The Oath lame? It was fantastic! What is your favourite Peretti book?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am

Hmm...W4C could mean warrior for christ...So it's basically the same...But yeah W4J I know what your going through with wanting to read a book while your in the middle of a different one...That happens to me quite often.
That Dude

Postby Yumie » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:38 am

Interesting! I wish I had more time for books right now. . . (other than school books that is), but hopefully I'll read it soon!
Yumie

Postby soul alive » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:27 am

a new one?!!? yeah! oh. wait. my library at home is not going to be getting this for a while if it follows its usual track record. *look of pain* and i'm too much of a tight wad to buy the hardcover. *another look of pain* *sighs* guess i'll have to wait, or go in and bother my library people frequently... :evil:

i love Peretti's work. especially the Darkness books and 'Visitation.'
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:05 pm

I heard "The Visitation" on cd cause and I wish I had read the book instead. I don't really like hearing someone else reading the books, I like reading them myself.
It was a good book, though!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun May 08, 2005 8:53 pm

I started it and finished it last week. I thought it was very good, but maybe its because I'm not into really into Bigfoot but not a whole lot happened in the 400+ pages. I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as his other books (except Prophet). It was still good though. The first 50 or so pages and the last 30 or so pages were the best. What were some people's thoughts of what was going to happen.

At first I thought the Bigfoot was a just that - a Bigfoot and that people weren't wanting to talk about it because it was so ridiculous to them or that the very idea frightened them - like it was a superstitiion or something. Then the reader reads a bit about evolution and I had the idea that the Bigfoot were genetic experiments gone wrong and that they had killed the logger and hunters. But then it turned out to be very different! I'm glad Sing didn't die, that would have been beyond tragic.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Pent » Tue May 10, 2005 3:00 pm

You didn't like The Oath NamelessKnight? None of the others by him are really "scary" at all so I needed one to refer to. The first and last parts of the book are the best. The action on this book rises and falls and stays there then rises and falls and stays there and then finnaly rises to a final climax. A different sort of structure for writing a story. I couldn't put it down at some parts. And at others I couldn't pick it up.
Pent

Postby Jman » Tue May 10, 2005 5:14 pm

is it part of ther Vertia sereries?

Adopter of Locke *0/0*
Adopter of Felix *0/0*
Adopter of Insanewithapen *0/0*
Adopter of Zelda27 *0/0*
Adopter of Sakura's Wings *0/0*
Adoptee of Cap'n Crack *0/0*

---
"It never hurts to try to make new friends, except when it does hurt…
but that's only when you're trying to make friends with a charging rhinoceros." ~ HolySoldier5000

---
"But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. "
-Isaiah 53:5

|J|c|r|e|w| --- Jman's Antidrug
---
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
Help Him Achieve World Domination...

---
It’s not like we hate him or want him to die
Jman

Postby Pent » Wed May 11, 2005 1:02 pm

No it's not. And I must say that is a really good series that I want him to do another book for.
Pent

Return to Book Corner