Obsessed

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Obsessed

Postby Yumie » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:34 am

I read "Obsessed" by Ted Dekker recently. (Teddy is my favorite author in the world, Thr3e namely being my favorite.) I was wondering if anybody else out there has read it and what they thought of it. (But be careful not to give anything away to people who haven't read it.)
Yumie

Postby That Dude » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:33 pm

I've yet to read this book but I have it on hold at the library. Ted Dekker is my tie for favorite author. I loved Thr33
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Yumie » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:05 am

Yeah, I think you'll like it then. Tell me what you think when you're done!
Yumie

Postby That Dude » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:12 pm

Alrighty..I'll do that if I can remember to.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:16 pm

This is on my to-read list ^^ I really like Ted Dekker's books, especially his Circle Trilogy-that's what got me started on him. I still need to read other books by him... he's so cool. I mean, what kind of author just gives an awsome book of his FOR FREE IN EBOOK FORMAT? I've been to a lot of authors' websites, and he's the only one. I can't wait until a girl in my class finishes her copy of Thr3e and lends it to me ^_^
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Yumie » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:33 pm

I mean, what kind of author just gives an awsome book of his FOR FREE IN EBOOK FORMAT?

Which one? I didn't know anything about that. . .
Yumie

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:42 pm

You can get both Obsessed and Black on his website if you get for the links for them (look in the news and events section). The only thing bad about it is that it's in small letters, and you can't copy and paste the words onto something like Microsoft Word so you can enlarge the letters.
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Hephzibah » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:44 pm

The first books of Ted Dekker that I read was the Circle trilogy. I bought them with a gift voucher that I got for finishing school. AWESOME books! I then read Blessed Child, which was great again, and the latest one I have completed was Thr3e. All of these books blew me away, and I am looking forward to reading more of his. I currently have one of order from the library... I think its Heaven's Wager or something like that ;)
Hephzibah

Postby Locke » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:48 pm

I just finished the second Circle Trilogy book and I requested White.

That was 2 months ago.

Good thing I found Thre3. Very awsome book with an awsomer mesage. xD
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:23 am

[quote="Talame"]The first books of Ted Dekker that I read was the Circle trilogy. I bought them with a gift voucher that I got for finishing school. AWESOME books! I then read Blessed Child, which was great again, and the latest one I have completed was Thr3e. All of these books blew me away, and I am looking forward to reading more of his. I currently have one of order from the library... I think its Heaven's Wager or something like that ]

Heaven's Wager was the one that I had originally wanted to read by Ted Dekker. I asked my church library to get it for me along with the Circle Trilogy, but somehow it ended up they didn't get the Heaven's Wager book but they got the Circle Trilogy (which I love, btw). I think they forgot about getting Heaven's Wager. I should request more books by him there....
Indigo_Eyes

Return to Book Corner