Hangman`s Curse

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Hangman`s Curse

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:30 pm

I personally enjoyed that book authored by Frank Peretti who is famous for his books: "The Oath", "The Cooper Kids Series", and "The Veritas Series" which "Hangman`s Curse" is part of.

A found the movie based on the book OK but corny in some places.

A also found book 2 of the Veritas series called "Nightmare Academy" to be pretty good.

Does anyone know if they`re planning to make a "Nightmare Academy" movie or a third book in the series?

Oh, and by the way, it IS a Christian series.
Tommy

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:08 pm

There are rumors about a Nightmare Academy movie, but I don't know if it ever actually made it past the concepts stage of development.

As for the books themselves, I enjoyed them alot. I think I liked Nightmake Academy much more than Hangman's Curse, because I don't really like being scare. :sweat:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:18 am

They are quite good books but his adult ones are far superior. Except Prophet that was a bit of a drag. Good message though.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Tommy » Thu May 19, 2005 3:19 pm

I read an article that was an interview with Frank Parettit and he stated that he plans on making a third book due to the popualirty of the 2nd. A movie for Nightmare Academy is highly unlikely.

The Oath is his best book. Along with This Present Darkness.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Yumie » Thu May 19, 2005 4:21 pm

I hope he makes a third one, I liked the first two.
Yumie

Postby Tommy » Fri May 20, 2005 1:34 pm

Yeah, same here. Hangman`s Curse was much better though.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby kirakira » Fri May 20, 2005 11:11 pm

I really didn't care for The Oath. *I finished it last Monday* I enjoyed Hangman's Curse a lot more. I think part of it was I kept expecting to be scared during The Oath, but it never came. I was sort of bummed. *sweatdrop*

I really liked Hangman's Curse, though I was a little bummed with the ending. *lol* And yeah, the movie was a little corny, but I think I'd read the book again if presented with the oppourtunity. ^_^
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Tommy » Sat May 21, 2005 2:13 pm

Never finished Oath.....NO SPOILERS!
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby kirakira » Sat May 21, 2005 10:23 pm

*stuffs a lemon in her mouth* *bows* *eyes water* *shuffles quickly out of the room*
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby MasterDias » Sun May 22, 2005 11:56 am

Hangman's Curse was good. Technically, I liked Nightmare Acadamy better however. The latter involved more interesting concepts.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Tommy » Sun May 22, 2005 4:38 pm

kirakira wrote:*stuffs a lemon in her mouth* *bows* *eyes water* *shuffles quickly out of the room*

Ok....? what was the point of that post?
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby gundam743 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:43 pm

I'd have to agree with MasterDias about Nightmare Acadamey. I loved the discussions about truth. If/when Frank Peretti writes a third one, I'll be all over it (already got the first two)
"The difference between leading yourself or following God is being all you want to be, or being all you can be."
gundam743

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:01 pm

Okay as far as I know right now they have a hangmans curse and tilly movie out right now! The visitation is coming out this fall and they have plans for making This present darkness and the oath into movies. They do not have any plans for nightmare academy though (unfortunately) Oh and BTW i got all this information in the back of monster-frank perettis newest novel (if your a peretti fan and you haven't read it yet i Highly recomend you do) There is an interveiw with him at the back and it has a question about movies that might be coming out! he said nothing about nightmare acedamy.
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Rachel » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:21 pm

Hangman's Curse was better than Nightmare Academy. Yeah, Nightmare Academy had some interesting concepts, but I just felt that it wasnt' as well written as Hangman's Curse. The characters didn't seem the same to me.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Tommy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:20 am

The plot was more unrealistic in Academy.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby kirakira » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:41 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Ok....? what was the point of that post?

I was making sure I didn't give away any spoilers. ^___^ But really, does a girl need a reason to stuff a lemon in her mouth? :dizzy: *lol* ^_^

Wow, that's tall list of movies. ^_^ I hope they're good! I have a friend who thinks that Oath would make an excellent movie, so I guess we'll see now.
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Rachel » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:39 pm

I think Oath would make a good movie, too.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby girlninja » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:54 am

I really liked The prophet ^^ This present darkness was great as well ^^ I would love to see any of his movies ^^

I've read the cooper kid series, was dissappointed when he stopped those. I like hangman's curse but i enjoyed Nightmare academy and found it interesting.

The best book i have to say that i liked was the Prophet altho Oath was really good as well. Hmm think they have those movies out right now? Would i just go to a christian book store??
"If not now then when? If not me then who?-anonymous

and of course now i must instill the Dancing BANANA'S!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WHY AM I CRYING IN FRENCH-Vash the Stampede

ORORORORORO!-Himura Kenshin

:jump: :lol: :thumb:

"It is not weak to value human life!"-Raiden, Mortal Combat II

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

*ADOPTED BY* ..yea i know scary I got a adopted ~_^

Nami
girlninja

Postby brantelg » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:52 am

Hangman's Curse is really good, but I kinda ruined the story by seeing the movie first. Nightmare Academy I liked more, because of the amount of originality.
brantelg

Return to Book Corner