Viggo Mortensen

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Viggo Mortensen

Postby zelda » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:15 pm

Did you know that Viggo Mortensen writes poetry?
I just felt I had to say that.
I got one of his poetry book at the library! It's a great book! You guy's should get it sometime! :sweat:
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby desperado » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:16 pm

never knew that about him, so far he is one of my favorite actors
desperado

Postby zelda » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:18 pm

That's cool
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:18 pm

I knew he wrote poetry. I didn't know it was published! Awesome!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby zelda » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:06 pm

:grin:
zelda

Postby Felix » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:18 pm

That's cool! ^^ He's a cool actor, *wonders what his poetry is like*

"Oh the orcs, the orcs, they smite the horizon with their silly little swords and funny faces.
I find Arwen oh so exceptionally pretty, yes prettier than a pink penny.
Gandalf's beard flows from his chin like...a magestic waterfall tumbling over thick gnarled rocks.
Balrog likes not the taste of wizard stew.. and he is allergic to white wizards too. (isn't that racist?)
Oh far far away I see these shores with little midget things. Oh wait, that's Bilbo." :eh:
Felix

Postby zelda » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:58 pm

It's grrrrreat poetry! Get the book!
zelda

Postby bbboy21 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:02 pm

Realy?? Thats interesting...anyway I always like his acting, maybe I should check it out...only if I could figure out where...you guys got a pic of the book?
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

Postby zelda » Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:04 pm

It's hust a plain brown book.
Just look up "Viggo Mortensen's poetry".
zelda

Postby LostChild » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:33 pm

Poet, artist, photographer, actor, devout Lutheran, and a humble loving father. Love it! Learned in Spanish, Danish, and English he's good at picking up different languages. I love how some of his poems talk about the hard facts of life (the way there's death and horrible things). Not that I'm that way, but its the harsh realities. *sighs* He's so great.

http://viggofanbase.com/
http://www.viggophile.net/
http://specialrealms.com/VM/viggo.html
http://www.vm-forever.de/index2.html
http://www.viggochronicles.com/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby Godly Paladin » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:55 pm

"Oh the orcs, the orcs, they smite the horizon with their silly little swords and funny faces.
I find Arwen oh so exceptionally pretty, yes prettier than a pink penny.
Gandalf's beard flows from his chin like...a magestic waterfall tumbling over thick gnarled rocks.
Balrog likes not the taste of wizard stew.. and he is allergic to white wizards too. (isn't that racist?)
Oh far far away I see these shores with little midget things. Oh wait, that's Bilbo."

You should be published, my friend.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby LostChild » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:19 pm

^ yeah, that. ^ ^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby Rita » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:05 am

*romantic sigh*

He's pretty swell isn't he? Pitty he's about 20 years too old and isn't a Christian.
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-5
Rita

Postby LostChild » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:05 am

On the contrary, Mr. Mortensen is a Lutheran. ^ ^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby Rita » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:01 pm

But is he a practising Lutheran? Does he have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?

Well, actually, I think it's Aragorn I'm in love with. Stupid Arwen.......
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment...Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3-5
Rita

Postby LostChild » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:19 pm

Yes and Yes.

I too adore Aragorn (and will have my weapons ready to sla- uh... 'protect' Arwen at need. *evil grin*), but I like what Viggo represents (at least to me), and that's simplicity and unity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby Rita » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:08 am

*growls*

Keep your hands off the King and no one gets hurt. :P
Rita

Postby LostChild » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:25 am

That's okay, I much rather have the single artistic father who does nothing without his son's consent; and goes home every Halloween and Christmas to spend time with his son, no matter where he's at. Whoa... that was long sentence. XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby gameoverblue » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:57 pm

another interesting tid-bit, viggo mortenson played in an older movie starring harrison ford called witness. He played a quiet amish guy. He had about three scenes, two or which were in the background, and one line "Don't do it!." I saw that several times before lord of the rings came out, and when I saw again afterward and was surprised.

PS, see witness, it's a good movie.
procrastination is a virtue.

theory- lets say you work on a project, you spent hours on it, then you die. Then in heaven you think to yourself, why did I waste those hours. :thumb:
gameoverblue

Postby LostChild » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:41 pm

omg! i saw Witness before i knew Viggo was in it, and when he first came up, i was like, "That's him! It's him! COOL!!!" ya... i thought that one was great, even if (dare i say it...) Viggo wasn't there. *gulps* i can't believe i just said that...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Return to Book Corner