Publish on demand?

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Publish on demand?

Postby Esoteric » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:40 am

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is the best forum to post this, but...

Has anyone here had a book published via on-demand, or know someone who has? I'm just wondering if it's a fairly simple and straight forward process, and if anyone's had any success. I'd seriously like to try and get a children's book created this way, but maybe someone can offer advice?
Esoteric

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:28 pm

For a small number of books (as few as 1) go with cafépress... I used to have a bookmark for a more established publishing thing for those wanting to self-publish in the realm of 25-100 at a time, getting cheaper as you go and allowing for more options like Hardcover... I can't seem to find my link, though.

I'm gonna go with Cafépress first... Spend about 170 for my first run of books, begging people to spread the word about it, then try for 25-30 books with a "cheaper in bulk" sort of company, even doing hardcover...

EDIT: In trying to find a website to do the "pay less for more" bulk purchases, I found instead a site called LULU which will do cafépress' job, only cheaper. I don't know about the quality of either, but this is worth checking out, as they also publish full color! Of course, making it 15 cents instead of just 8 cents when B&W is 2 cents makes no sense (and you lose cents, hahahaha... Ok... Really bad pun) I wish you could do like a few pages in color and the rest in B&W, and only charge the color fee for the color pages...

The good thing about Lulu over Cafépress OTHER than the cost is ISBN registration and submission to Borders, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble... Unfortunately, this costs a much bigger startup fee, but that may be well worth it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Return to Book Corner