[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Favorite Book - Page 2 - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Favorite Book

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby sarahcarter06 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:46 pm

Oh! I love Watership Down!
sarahcarter06

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:28 pm

sarahcarter wrote:Oh! I love Watership Down!

Yup, 'tis a good book ^_^

I love the descriptions and way that the actions scenes put ya on the edge of your seats. And it's also interesting how the rabbits still think like rabbits, they aren't quite mini humans (i.e. being confused by a raft). And rabbit society is cool too..
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Indy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:37 pm

Adventures in Missing the Point would definitely have to be my favorite I've read so far. I love Christian apologetics-- it's one of my hobbies.
The Three Musketeers and The Man and the Iron Mask come close those. Classics are... classic? ^^
Indy

Postby Arnobius » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:50 pm

Quo Vadis. It's a powerful book about the Neroian persecution of Christians in the Roman empire. Well worth getting
Arnobius

Postby Felix » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:00 pm

I think I could easily say without doubt that Watership Down is gotta be my favorite book of all the times, but Redwall is closely behind. Actually I really like pretty much any book as animal with human/human-like straights of mind. That includes The Silverwing books, about the bats, oh and this new one called "One for Sorrow, Two for Joy."
I thought Timothy Zahn's Starwars series was uber uber cool, that really sucked me in, and the Circle trilogy of course, followed by Thr3e, there's something else I can't forget. Although not in the same vein really as the normal stuff I read, I quite enjoyed the Myst trilogy....and thus far the first two "Eregon" books are killer.
Gee I read too much. ^^;
Felix

Previous

Return to Book Corner