Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Theories and Predictions

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby Scribs » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:19 am

I think it is possible that Harry will nobely die at the end of the last book. I would be happy with that if it set up a happy ending for everyone (or almost everyone) else. I dont think there will be any inter-trio couples, personally. I thin that they might pair up with people outside their little group and remain just good friends.

Now, one of my questions is "who will be teaching defence against the dark arts?
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

web

Postby Shadowchild » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:08 pm

I dont know what is gonna happen but if you go to mugglenet.net or is it .com try both you can dowload a timer that tells you how long it is till the book comes out. i have it on my comp and it is really cool. my mom preordered it so we get it really soon. i am also very excited about the 4th movie. i just finished reading the book so it should be awesome. i want to know if bill looks cute..... :dizzy: :hug: :comp: :angel: :wow!: ;)
Shadowchild

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:38 pm

I read the first 5 books in about 4 days and now I'm really excited for the 6th book ^^; I'm so spoiled. I only have to wait for the last 2 books but I'm already inpatient XD I'm number 1934 on the library waiting list cause mom won't let me buy the book. *sigh* I may just go to Barnes and Nobles and read it in the store.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:06 pm

piloswine wrote:Now, one of my questions is "who will be teaching defence against the dark arts?

Ha! Me and Yumie were talking about it. My money's on Snape FINALLY getting his shot and the Dark Arts position.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Arnobius » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:11 pm

piloswine wrote:Now, one of my questions is "who will be teaching defence against the dark arts?

Lina Inverse...?
Arnobius

Postby Rachel » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:15 pm

Mangafanatic wrote: (personally, I think if one of the golden trio dies, it's going to be Hermione.)

I will cry if this happens, but she does seem like the most likely of them to die now that I think about it.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Kawaiikneko » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:03 am

*o* Ohhh I'd love if snape finally got the dark arts position, b/c Snape is my favorite teacher character and I think it would be hilarious. Unfortunately I just can't see it happening... but I may soon eat my words ^^
Kawaiikneko

Postby Starfire1 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:57 am

I'm feeling much too lazy to go thru 25 pages so this may have already been asked but does anyone know around what time the 4th HP movie is supposed to be released? (nevermind)
Only a dead thing goes with the stream. Only a living thing can go against it.

USSRGirl wrote:>.< No. Because I say it tastes of evil. And everyone is entitled to my opinion.

"It is impossible to end hatred with hatred"-Gandi

Adopted by Mega.EXE
Adopted: KhakiBlueSocks, ShadowChild
Starfire1

Postby Scribs » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:40 pm

I suspect personally that if snape gets his chance at defence against the dark arts, it will not be until book 7. My bet is on a new character, (or possibly tonks).
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Rachel » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:53 pm

Tonks would be awesome.

Rachel

Postby Scribs » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:54 am

This is off of the defence against the dark arts topic, but I heard that rowling was thinking of using the Half Blood Prince title for book two, and that important information that was going to be in that one will be in this new one. So whatever the Half blood prince is has something to do with the plot of book 2. Any thoughts?
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:12 am

Starfire1 wrote:I'm feeling much too lazy to go thru 25 pages so this may have already been asked but does anyone know around what time the 4th HP movie is supposed to be released? (nevermind)

Mid November. So. Far. Away.

*sobs*

I think that Snape gets the job in this book because it's also my belief that Snape will be revealed to be a vampire and will also die in this book.

*is setting herself up for MAJOR ridicule later.*

Piloswine, if that's correct, then I wonder if the half blood prince has something to do with Tom Riddle. Doesn't seem possible, but that's the only real connection I can think of. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Rachel » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:46 pm

Didn't she say that Voldemort wasn't the HBP?

Rachel

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:51 pm

Rachel wrote:Didn't she say that Voldemort wasn't the HBP?

Yeah, she did. I was just throwing that out because it's the only connection I could POSSIBLY think of. Unless Ms. Rowling is lying to us all, it's wrong.

Mangafanatic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:39 pm

I think that Snape gets the job in this book because it's also my belief that Snape will be revealed to be a vampire and will also die in this book.

As much as I hate to say it, I could easily see Snape dying, especially with the situations he puts himself in as a spy. I don't think he could be a vampire though.

Do the books ever specifically say Snape is spying as a death eater? Sure, it lets on and hints alot, but that could be a diversion. I dunno. Food for thought.
Kawaiikneko

Postby Scribs » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:53 pm

I wonder if the half blood prince has something to do with Tom Riddle. Doesn't seem possible, but that's the only real connection I can think of. . .

It has been officially stated that Tom Riddleis not the half blood prince. Though I wonder if salazar Slytherin has something to do with it, he did have a lot to do with the plot of book 2...
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:11 pm

Kawaiikneko wrote:As much as I hate to say it, I could easily see Snape dying, especially with the situations he puts himself in as a spy. I don't think he could be a vampire though.

Do the books ever specifically say Snape is spying as a death eater? Sure, it lets on and hints alot, but that could be a diversion. I dunno. Food for thought.

Well, I know Goblet said he was a death eater, and was sent to spy Dumbledore, so I just connected the dots... could have been a fake out I suppose

Maybe "Half Blood" means he's also partially a member of the Crips?
Arnobius

Postby Rachel » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:36 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:
Maybe "Half Blood" means he's also partially a member of the Crips?

:lol:

Rachel

Postby Jasdero » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:17 am

*__*;;; Harry Potter. One week.
Jasdero

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:52 pm

[quote="Sunako"]*__*]
Two weeks for me. . . Stupid missions trip. :lol:

Everyone was must read the book with twice the vigor to make up for Osaka's absense!

Mangafanatic

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:30 am

I actually convinced my mom to let me reserve it *jump for joy* Hopefully she actually understood me when I was asking... I asked at least three times to make sure she had actually heard me and understood what I was asking, but I'm still not sure XD Hopefully I'll be allowed to buy it.

My only real desire in this book though is that Harry would get over his moody, teen anger phase. Gah! It was so annoying >.<
Kawaiikneko

Postby Lehn » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:41 am

hey kids ----

Today is the last day to pre-order it from amazon, and to have it delivered to your house on Saturday via standard shipping. FYI, just in case you've been putting off ordering.

My only real desire in this book though is that Harry would get over his moody, teen anger phase. Gah! It was so annoying >.<

It’s annoying but true.... I know I got that way when someone close to me died --- I was nothing but an angry, accusing, morose little bundle of sunshine.

So whatever the Half blood prince is has something to do with the plot of book 2. Any thoughts?

The power of racism....?
“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.â€
Lehn

Postby Jasdero » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:10 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Two weeks for me. . . Stupid missions trip. :lol:

Everyone was must read the book with twice the vigor to make up for Osaka's absense!

Aiieeee!!! No! That's not cool! I promise not to reveal ANYTHING! *__*;; Unless you want me to, of course. I predict I will absent all day on Saturday. XDD
Jasdero

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:26 pm

[quote="Sunako"]Aiieeee!!! No! That's not cool! I promise not to reveal ANYTHING! *__*]

More power to you, sista!

Hey! I might be able to get a copy in Spanish down there!

But then I guess I'd have to, like, learn Spanish and stuff. . .

Mangafanatic

Postby Scribs » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:32 pm

I wonder if Dumbledores Brother will become important, Mad Eye Moody mentions him in passing in book 5...
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:53 pm

piloswine wrote:I wonder if Dumbledores Brother will become important, Mad Eye Moody mentions him in passing in book 5...

If Rowling mentions a character, it generally for a reason. (Think about it, who would have thought that the owner of Hagrid's Harry delivery bike would be important [That was Sirius].)That's an interesting thought, truly headless Piloswine.

. . . Yeah, that was corny, but the new avatar and the topic made it irresistable.

Mangafanatic

Postby mitsuki lover » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:54 pm

So who do you think is gonna bite the dust in this one?
It can't be Harry or Rod or Hermione.
I think it might be Snape.
mitsuki lover

Postby Scribs » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:39 pm

My bet is either Hagrid or some minorish charactor, like maybe lupin, tonks or Mad Eye. Could be that one of the many weaslys will die, (it does seem sort of inevitable seeing as there was a whole chapter in book five devotd to Mrs Weaslys fear that one of them would die.) Or perhaps someone bad will die like Malfoy, or his father or some other death eater. I really doubt that snape will die, due to the fact that I think he will be of great importance in the final conclusion.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Arnobius » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:49 pm

I'm sure it won't be a major character until the final book... which may end up a Gotterdammerung of characters

I know after the hype for Pheonix, I was rather disappointed that it turned out to be
[spoiler]Sirius... he may have been important to Harry, but in terms of the books, he wasn't much... saw him seldom, except in Pheonix, and in that one, he was so OOC from the way he was originally portrayed, it didn't seem that moving... as opposed to seeing Neville's parents in the asylum, which was handled much better... IMO of course, so put the flames away ;) [/spoiler]
Arnobius

Postby Scribs » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:56 pm

I completely agree with that statement Heretic. The reason I suspect Hagrid is because I think he may be the Half Blood prince. If that is the case he might have to die for some reason important enough to name the book after him.

This is simply my speculation.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Previous Next

Return to Book Corner