What you read

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

What you read

Postby Mi-Ru-Me » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:09 am

I would like to know what books other than the Bible
and asssorted manga that Christian anime lovers like ourselves read

I myself read alot manly I Am reading "The Wheel of Time" as of late I think its about book 11 or 12

Also a while back I read a Series known as "Cronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliver" Series 1 and 2 and I just heard that after some 20 years that the last two came out the 3 and last cronicle is starting up this year.

I also read some star treck not much though
Mi-Ru-Me

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:19 am

Moved to book corner. As for myself...I enjoy reading various StarWars books. Working on the Bounty Hunter Trilogy right now.
Stephen

Postby greyscale42 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:13 pm

LOTR and most anything by Terry Brooks or Michael Crichton. I could live off those for the rest of my life if they continued on that long. ^_^
greyscale42

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:29 pm

Horror, sci/fi, thriller, and the like.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby ZionPsalmist » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:37 pm

I read alot of R. A. Salvador books. (Forgoten Realms). Particularly anythig with Drizzt Do'Urden in it.

I'm also a fan of the Dhampire Series (Dhampire and Thief of Lives )
by Barb and J. C. Hendee.
It is easy to miss the possibility that every person who crosses your path can become an event and a memory, good or bad, to fill in the hours with experience instead of tedium, to break the monotony of the passing moments. Those wasted moments, those hours of sameness, of routine, are the enemy, I say, are little stretches of death within the moments of life. - Drizzt Do'Urden

Jesus- the original rebel :rock:

Image <-- Insomniac Banner by Aka-chan -->
ZionPsalmist

Postby JoyfulSongs » Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:45 pm

Elisbeth Elliot, [Everyone, read all of her books. That is a command. Right now I'm in A Chance to Die.], Brian Jacques, *blushes knowing that she has many better things to do with her time*, J. R. R. T., Jane Austen, Dickens, L. M. M. Montgomery, and the list goes on...
JoyfulSongs

Postby agasfas » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:15 pm

do comics count? If so I then too bad I don't even read those.... Actually If I get the chance, books about sports are nice. But honestly, since I do far too much reading for school I tend not to read if i don't have to :)
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:55 am

The usual geeky stuff:Sci Fi,Fantasy,Horror.
Also:History,Biography,Religion,Comics(especially DC and Marvel)
mitsuki lover

Postby soul alive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:40 pm

i like reading mystery, sci-f/fantasy, historical fiction, Christian fiction, Christian encouragement/apopogetics/instructional type books, and the Christian romance.

authors i like include: CS Lewis, Brian Jacques, Stephen R. Lawhead, Frank Peretti, Dee Henderson, Gilbert Morris, Anne McCaffrey, Terry Brooks, Orson Scott Card, Lilian Jackson Braun, and Rita Mae Brown.

i have been reading Rurouni Kenshin (v1, v2, v3), YuYu Hakusho(v1), Case Closed(vi), Fruits Basket(v1, v2, v3), and Tsubasa(v1, v2) for manga, 'One'(v1, v2) by Lee Vin for manhwa, and some Archie and Friends, Josie and the Pussycats, and Tarzan comics that my dad saved from when he was a kid.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Sharon Rose » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:25 am

I'm not real big on book series. I was when I was younger, but now...They just don't interest me very much. Books for older kids, and teens don't interest me too much as well. I read a lot of adult books. My favorite Christian author is "Alton Gansky." I love his books to death. My favorite novel by him is "By My Hands." I recomend it to ya'll. Very good book. Another author I like is "Lori Wick," she's got some nice books. One book I've read that has a sequel to it was fantastic. It's the only book I've read by this author, "Marianne Minatra." The name of the book, and its sequel, is "Before Night Falls" and "Jewel In the Evening Sky." Highly recomend them.
A Face Without Freckles Is Like A Sky Without Stars :angel:

"Forbearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man quarrel against any, even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye." -Colossians 3:13

:dance:
Sharon Rose

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:30 pm

I read suspense, thrillers, mystery, drama, joke books...pretty much everything but love stories. I mostly read Christian fiction now. Ted Dekker, G.P. Taylor, Patricia Rushford, Frank Peretti
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby LostChild » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:23 pm

I'm in the middle of read "The Lord of the Rings" for the 5th time rite now. :sweat: 'Tis the greatest trilogy ever created. At least so it is in my opinion. :eyeroll:

I can't wait for "The Eldest" to come out in August. Its another book to Christopher Paolini's series "Inheritance." The first book, and only book of his that is out rite now is called "Eragon," its about this kid that finds a dragon, and needs to learn how to live with it, while trying to find the elven princess, and save her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby Kaori » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:00 pm

It used to be that almost everything I read was fantasy. Now, however, I find myself most frequently reading literature, partly beause that is my major. I have also recently started taking a greater interest in science fiction; I read the first three books of the Dune series for the first time this past summer. I also occasionally read nonfiction (usually for a class) but it is somewhat rare for me to do so on my own initiative.

ZionPsalmist wrote:I read alot of R. A. Salvador books. (Forgoten Realms). Particularly anythig with Drizzt Do'Urden in it.

I have also read some of Salvatore's writing. I have read the Cleric Qintet and quite a bit of the Drizzt cycle, although I lost interest in the series after about ten or twelve books. The Dark Elf trilogy is my favorite out of what I have read.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:10 pm

Suspense, thrillers, fantasy (have to be quite selective as a Christian), crime, adventure, science fiction. I'm not particulary fond of horror, everyday life novels or romance novels.

Some of the authors I read are: Tolkien, Frank Peretti, Tad Williams, Herge (Tintin comics), C.S. Lewis, Bill Myers, Kel Richards, Roy Pond, Doug Shafer.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Scribs » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:46 pm

I like reading Charles Dickens, P.G. Wodehouse, and Micheal Chrichton books particularly. I have also read many star wars books, the Harry Potter books and the wheel of time books.

I have read so many others it is impossible to count...
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:34 pm

Mostly fiction. Nonfiction just doesn't hold my interest. I've been enjoying some of Stephen King's work lately. I read The Tommyknockers, I'm on the home stretch of The Stand, and I plan to read the Dark Tower books in between Ted Dekker's Circle Trilogy and Thomas Harris' Hannibal Lecter books. Also, Frank Peretti's The Oath is on my list somewhere.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Return to Book Corner