[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Gail Carson Levine - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Gail Carson Levine

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Gail Carson Levine

Postby Cedahlia » Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:18 pm

I love her books so much! Anyone else like her work? A few of her more famous books would be Ella Enchanted and The Two Princesses of Bamarre. Both of them are on my top ten favorite books list. ^^
"Not believing is letting each other down, that's how it is."

~Lacus Clyne
Cedahlia

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:11 am

I've read Ella. Really good book. I liked it alot.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Kireihana » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:42 pm

Ooh, I loved Ella Enchanted! I didn't see the movie though, I thought it looked too different from everything I loved in the book. I should definitely check out some of Levine's other books!
Kireihana

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:25 pm

The movie was cute. You should see it. Just don't expect it to be the book on film.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Renoa » Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:49 am

When I read Ella, I cried at the end...It was all just so....beautiful...*sniffles*

Honk if your know where Grobania is!!
Renoa

Postby Cedahlia » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:29 pm

The movie definitely wasn't the same as the book. I had my doubts when I first saw the commercials, but when I saw it it was actually pretty good in a different way! ^_^ I still prefer the book though.
"Not believing is letting each other down, that's how it is."

~Lacus Clyne
Cedahlia

Postby MomoAdachi » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:54 pm

I haven't read any of her other books(yet), but I loooooove Ella Enchanted so much! I liked the movie, I thought it was cute, fun, and amusing, plus I love Anne Hathaway, but it definately wasn't a tenth as good as the book was!
Non-Christian Anti-Hentai Grrl
#1 Dubbed Sailor Moon Fan!
#1 Peach Girl Fan!

98% of the teenage population does or have tried smoking pot. If you are one of the 2% who haven't, copy or paste this in your signature.
MomoAdachi

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue May 02, 2006 7:11 pm

Yeah I loved Ella Enchanted. The movie was so different it practically wasn't the same story. I didn't really understand the whole point of adding in some modern day elements (like their backpacks).

I have read most of her other stories and personally I like Ella Enchanted the best. Not that her other books aren't good I just wouldn't re-read them like I have Ella. :lol:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Petite Soeur » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:22 am

I love Ella Enchanted! The movie was adorable too!
If you're friends don't dance, then they're no friends of mine~Safety Dance--Men Without Hats
Petite Soeur

Return to Book Corner