Harry Potter Book Seven Make A Prediction

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby BrandonHeat » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:28 pm

Sai wrote:I think hermoine would almost die before she left her studies at hogwarts.

Quite true. I mean, remember her boggart in Prisoner of Azkaban? It was McGonagall telling her that she'd failed everything!
"People who sin say this, 'That they had to, to survive.' People who sin say this, 'That it is too late to stop.' That shadow called sin dogs them steadily. Without a word, remorse and agony are repeated, to finally end up at despair. But sinners don't know that if they turn around there is a light, a light that keeps shining on them ever so warmly, a light that will never fade."

-Vash the Stampede
BrandonHeat

Postby Yumie » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:07 pm

Sai wrote: I think hermoine would almost die before she left her studies at hogwarts.

Erm, I have to say that I disagree with this. 'Cause, if it's between "let Harry go off and fight alone, possibly die, and have the world come to an end" and "stay in your happy place," I think she'd leave Hogwarts behind in a heartbeat. I think her obsession is not so much with the school as it is with being a perfectionist.

And saying that, yeah, I do think that Harry is going to leave Hogwarts behind in this next book. After all, he HAS to fight Voldemort, and there's no way that Voldemort would just show up at the school conveniently like he has in the other books. Nah, this time Harry is going to have to find him. Which will be an interesting change of scenery. All though I'm not saying that, if he lives, he won't return to Hogwarts at the end of the book. I'm thinking that if he did, he'd follow in Dumbledore's footsteps and become a DADA teacher, then possibly go on to headmaster later, if Rowling includes an Epilouge (which I kind of hope she doesn't, that seems like it'd be a little cheesy.)

One thing that I'm wondering is, I read a book called "Finding God in Harry Potter," and the guy who wrote it made a lot of predictions. One of the things he said was that he thinks that Dumbledore IS and animagus, and that he's the white bumble-bee that passes by every now and then in the books. Has anyone else noticed a bumble-bee in the books?
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Sai » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:40 pm

Hermione would go out and help Harry but she would eventually return to studies, me thinks. The whole books and cleverness quote from HP book 1 sort of says she would drop it. But I think she would go back to it if Voldemort was defeated and she was left alive.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby CHILD OF AVALON » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:36 pm

Or just to make every one mad... she will end it like the 'lady and the tiger' a story with out an ending..like she'll get to the climax and end it leaving us the readers to figure out what happens or who wins (course thats not her style cliff hangers that is but oh well)
I <3 my sister Kit-chan very muchly :hug:
CHILD OF AVALON

Location: in the middle of nowhere usa which is just north of oblivion and south of end of the world

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:32 pm

I read somewhere that Alan Rickman was let in on Snape's future... I wonder if Richard Harris was let in on Dumbledore's future? I wonder if any of the other actors had been let in on secrets from the books before they were published...

Now all I must do is track down Alan Rickman and... ask for the information... :evil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:42 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:Alternate outcome: JK Rowling is converted by the people who think Harry Potter is the Devil's literature incarnate, and in the last novel reveals that everything has been allegorical. And a dream.

But then harry will realize it wasn't a dream! As he is awakened by Hagrid on the boat-house he was residing in with his relatives!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:02 pm

CHILD OF AVALON wrote:Or just to make every one mad... she will end it like the 'lady and the tiger' a story with out an ending..like she'll get to the climax and end it leaving us the readers to figure out what happens or who wins (course thats not her style cliff hangers that is but oh well)

That would be interesting (a decently vague ending, I mean, not just a cliffhanger). So far the series hasn't had a great deal of ambiguity, but it has been becoming more serious so I don't think it is out of the question.

Bobtheduck wrote:I read somewhere that Alan Rickman was let in on Snape's future... I wonder if Richard Harris was let in on Dumbledore's future? I wonder if any of the other actors had been let in on secrets from the books before they were published...

There's also the fameous Rowling quote about how the 3rd movie added some things that worked out really well. But I'm sure others have speculated about this far more than I could.
uc pseudonym

Postby RubyJewelStone » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:29 pm

I'm not too keen on the idea of Harry leaving Hogwarts. It seems a little odd to me that it would be the main setting for about every flippin book and then suddenly not be there for the last one. So I don't think that's it.

On the other hand, didn't they have apparition lessons? Now I know you can't apparate on Hogwarts property but you can see that there are different ways to get off of the property then apparate from there.
However, the problem with my theory there is that if they want to have the school and pretty much all of the wizarding world heavily guarded I'm pretty sure that the big cracking sound that apparation makes might be noticed. Especially in the dead of night...regularly.

Maybe Harry can be gone from Hoogwarts through some other method with the aid of a new and convenient spell, no doubt.
RubyJewelStone

Postby Sai » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:34 am

Hey Bobtheduck, Dan Radcliffe said that Alan Rickman was told the future of his character. I agree that Alan shoud be hunted down and have the answers forced out of him.
"Bother"
Sai

Postby pyro_moogle » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:29 pm

This is what I hope happens not what I think will happen.

1)Snape will stay evil.
2) Dumbledore and Sirius stay dead. (Not because I am sick or anything but if a character is killed off they should stay dead.)
3) Bill will get super powers due to the bite from the werewolf.
4)Neville ends up saving the day.
[{ Waste of Paint }]
pyro_moogle

Postby RubyJewelStone » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:34 pm

Bill will get super powers due to the bite from the werewolf.
Heh...I like that idea.
RubyJewelStone

Postby CDLviking » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:04 am

-Wormtail will end up aiding Harry, possibly in some "Golumish" manner (possible title of the 7th book, Harry Potter and the Nine Fingers :lol: )
-Neither Harry nor Voldemort die (Dumbledore seemed to be alluding that the power of the profecy is only how much stock you place in it, it would be interesting to see Harry bring Voldemort down, but refuse to fulfill the prophecy by becoming a murderer)
-Snape is evil, or at least extremely disturbed
CDLviking

Postby Kawaiikneko » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:07 pm

I'm not sure if Snape will be fully "good", but I do believe there is much more to his actions in HBP than we can tell from Harry's perspective. And let's admit, Harry doesn't have a high running count of being right. There was Snape first year, Draco second year ect. Draco in HBP has been the exception so far, and it was a good writing twist on Rowling's part. The entire book I was like "nahhh Harry's wrong again" and then lo and behold he was right. HOWEVER, I think that the area of Snape, where Harry has a lot of negative emotions controlling his judgement... Well, I think there's alot more to the story than we know. I'll be disappointed if he's totally evil, but as long as there's more to what he did than just the face value of it I'll be okay. I doubt he'll live through the book though.

Rowling says she has already written a scene in which a character dies. I'm nervous T_T
Kawaiikneko

Postby CDLviking » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:30 pm

It's precisely because Harry's been wrong all the time up to now that I think he's right. And even if there are more circumstances than meet the eye for Snape, I'm sure that his being sorry about turning in Harry's parents is a load of bull. His behavior in books 3 and 5 show just how much he really hates Harry, his parents, and friends.
CDLviking

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:45 pm

Actually I think I read she said she wrote it before she sold the series.She says she only made a few changes and that 2 major characters will die.
Current scuttlebutt is that Harry bites the dust in the finale.
mitsuki lover

Postby CDLviking » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:03 pm

Is that '2 major characters will die in the finale' or '2 major characters will die' period?
With Sirius and Dumbldore dead, her quota could be filled. Personally, I hope its not. I'm a sucker for killing off characters, as long as it's not cheesy.
CDLviking

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:55 pm

My interpretation of that interview (admittedly, I just skimmed it in a local paper) was that she said two major characters would die in the seventh book. Of course, her language leaves open the possibility that those characters might be evil. Voldemort, for example, is definitely a major character and chances are that he'll die.
uc pseudonym

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:59 pm

So far the rumor is that one of them may be Harry.
mitsuki lover

Postby CDLviking » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:16 am

I don't think it will be Harry. She has talked about Harry in the future tense a few times throughout the series, leading me to believe that he lives, but it is possible that she the future whe referred to has already passed.
CDLviking

Postby mitsuki lover » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:53 pm

I think it might come down to Harry having to make a decision that will cost him.
I also think that it will finally be revealed that Harry wasn't the Promised One at all but Nigel.Now wouldn't that be an irony?
mitsuki lover

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Well, people have been theorizing about that one ever since it has been revealed that Nigel is another potential by the prophecy. Personally, that seems a little too easy to me, but it might happen.
uc pseudonym

Postby mitsuki lover » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:10 pm

Also remember that people only ASSUME(and remember the old saying about
assuming making an *** out of u and me)that the prophecies are all about Harry.
It would in fact be the height of irony if in fact Nigel and NOT Harry was the promised one.
btw:I was kinda let down when it was revealed that Voldemort wasn't a future version of Harry,I think that would have been interesting.
mitsuki lover

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:27 am

CDLviking wrote:It's precisely because Harry's been wrong all the time up to now that I think he's right. And even if there are more circumstances than meet the eye for Snape, I'm sure that his being sorry about turning in Harry's parents is a load of bull. His behavior in books 3 and 5 show just how much he really hates Harry, his parents, and friends.

Honestly, that's the part I think Harry is wrong about. I think there was more to Dumbledore's trust than that. It seems much too shallow for Dumbledore, and people aren't giving him enough credit. I can't see Dumbledore trusting Snape simply because he said he was sorry, so I think there was something more than that. Harry is going to take it how he sees it because he wants to believe Snape is all evil. In the end we can't really speculate. The way Rowling writes makes it hard for us to really theorize XD;
Kawaiikneko

Postby HisaishiFan » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:18 pm

I know this thread is a little old, but I think I'll post anyway! I'd love it if Neville was the person who saves the day, but JKR said that he the one isn't because Voldemort didn't choose him to be the one. (It would be really interesting, though! I like Neville-I hope he gets more time ithe last book than he did in HPB). I still think that Harry is going to die in order to kill Voldemort: "For neither can live while the other survives.â€
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby mitsuki lover » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:25 pm

I understand that she only made a few changes from what she originally wrote when she came up with the series.There's supposed to be 2 characters that get offed in the finale.
mitsuki lover

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:08 pm

Why can't there be a year where nothing happens?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby HisaishiFan » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:41 pm

She said in an interview that she gave one character a reprieve from death, but of course she didn't give any clue as to who that would be. I still want to know what happened to Ollivander!
But even if we don't feel at ease, God is greater than our feelings and He knows everything. 1 John 3:20 :angel:

Delight in utter trust.
HisaishiFan

Location: Kentucky (formerly I would have said to think rain, but now you should think sweltering heat . . . a

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:44 am

I doubt that will ever be revealed. He always struck me as a character that is obscure and mysterious because he isn't that important, not because he's going to show up later on and be Harry's father.
uc pseudonym

Postby Puguni » Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:16 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Why can't there be a year where nothing happens?

Then it would a be a whole year of great suspense for the Harry crew, and it turns out Voldemort's out rediscovering the joys of being alive, like enjoying ice cream...or carousels...

That would be a most disappointing ending. XD
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Kawaiikneko » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:02 pm

I predict that Snape will die in the seventh book... I just have this feeling. I hope he dies proving his loyalties to the Order side. =] I'd like that... but with Rowling you never know what she's gonna come up with.
Kawaiikneko

Previous Next

Return to Book Corner