Animorphs

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby Photosoph » Tue May 31, 2005 2:09 pm

That's true. I would so love to fall off a sky-scraper without getting hurt. It would be like parachuting, only no fear of something going wrong to make you fall to your death. :grin: Like flying, only it's down all the way...
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Arbre » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:36 am

Cedahlia wrote:The book about Elfangor was so long, and halfway through I lost interest because of all the gruesome battle scenes (they never seemed to end). But I picked it up and finished it, and it was good.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about the Andalite Chronicles trilogy (I had mine in three books, though I later saw it in a store all bound in one cover).

I got rid of them all like a year ago... I'm regretting that so much now. I had the Megamorphs, Andalite Chronicles, and up to book 24, I think.

A cat would be fun. The eyes are set in the head in a way similar to ours, their reflexes are fast, they're agile, and they have a tail.
And claws. >:D
Arbre

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:53 am

I started this series when it was new and stayed wityh it all the way through. I think I owned everything but the Elimist books in association with Animorphs. I read my favorites until I practically had them memorized. I put my collection in the attic when I redid my room. That's a lot of money I spent, but now I have memories associated with particular books (for instance, the one's my Papa Cliff got me for Christmas shortly before he died), and the sentimental value prevents me from simply trashing them.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:00 am

Arbre wrote:The Ellimist thing bothered me a bit. After book 25 or so, I stopped buying them.

I'm curious as to why this bothered you. For me, it was actually an element that somewhat renewed my interest in the series.
uc pseudonym

Postby zelda » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:11 am

I saw the show.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby Cedahlia » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:06 pm

I didn't really like the TV series...they left so much out, and it could have been so much better. Maybe an Animorphs anime would be better. XD Lol.

I re-read so many books, and never got bored with them! And all out of order too...

My bookshelf is crammed with them. A friend of mine was helping me organize it, and I kept on pulling out Animorph books from the strangest places.

Sara: DONE, finally.
Me: Wait... :sweat: -dumps five more Animorph books in front of her-
Sara: NOOOO!
"Not believing is letting each other down, that's how it is."

~Lacus Clyne
Cedahlia

Postby Rocketshipper » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:00 am

Animorphs is my all time favorite book series!!! I've read the entire series all the way through at least 3 times. I own every book except the second "alternamorphs" book, because I don't really like those "chose your own adevtnure" type books. I've also never thought the series was REALLY a children's series. It seems pretty mature to me, especially some of the later books like (I think) Megamorphs 3, where they all went back to World War 2. The series dealt with a lot of ideas about warand violence,and I don't think most young kids would get everything. In 11th grade I wrote an essay for my College preperation class about how the Animorphs series shaped my views about war ^^. It was also really violent. If they ever made an uncut TV show or movie it would definitly be TVM or R.

If I had morphing power I would morph into a cat. Cats rock!
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:33 am

Rocketshipper wrote:I've also never thought the series was REALLY a children's series.

I believe that this is primarily thought because they seem to be marketed toward children: the cover design is of that type and the characters are all younger. There's also the fact that it only takes 20 minutes to read one of the books.
uc pseudonym

Postby Tommy » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:38 pm

i remember where there was one little stage in myl ife where I read like all the books and now I just completely forgot most of the characters. What was the race called again that the bad guy went inside? I read a book about how the villian came in power and about the alien that gave them the ability to transform. my mom stared at the book and thought it was backwards evolution.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Rocketshipper » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:43 pm

I believe that this is primarily thought because they seem to be marketed toward children

So is Harry Potter :evil: and it's pretty mature too. Maybe it's a new trend of writers taking their young audiences more seriously than most children's books do
Jessie and James, together forever!

AAML forever!

Colorado is EVIL!! Save me!!

Eternal Defender of Tracey Sketchit. If you are a Brock lover, beware ^_^

"Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools"-Bowser, Super Mario RPG

Confused about the meaning of the screen name??

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/RocketShipping

Go here and be enlightened ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Click the above link...I dare you.

http://community.livejournal.com/ship_manifesto/87185.html

The best essay on Junzumi shipping ever ^^.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Rocketshipper
Rocketshipper

Postby Arbre » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:05 pm

uc pseudonym wrote:I'm curious as to why this bothered you. For me, it was actually an element that somewhat renewed my interest in the series.

To me, the Ellimist represented God. Doesn't "El" mean "God" in Hebrew?

In the Animorph books, on at least one occasion, though maybe more, the characters complained that the Ellimist basically bent the rules of not interfering in order to rescue them.

That was very similar in my mind to free will. So, in the book(s), an Ellimist interferes in a sneaky way in order to produce the desired result... not technically violating choice, but manipulating the situation in such a way that the events would follow as he wanted.

Looking at it now, it doesn't bother me nearly as much. But back then, my set of beliefs was very different and I was extremely sensitive in the topic of free will in particular.

zelda wrote:I saw the show.
I'm sorry.

That show was terribly inaccurate to the books. Those kids could not morph in 2 seconds like the show portrayed.

And they didn't look like the kids on the covers. That inconsistency never got worked out in my mind.

Tom Dincht wrote:What was the race called again that the bad guy went inside?
The Gedd.
Arbre

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:48 am

Arbe: That explanation makes sense, and I see where you're coming from. On that subject, "el" is one of the Hebrew names for god (or part of names, more accurately).
uc pseudonym

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:51 pm

All the memories... yeah, I suppose I did feel a little uncomfortable about the Ellimist thing too. However I don't think I remember taking much notice of it. Perhaps it was just because I was younger when I read them.

*Shudders* The show... there is one thing that really sticks in my mind: I remember in one scene Cassie turns into a skunk and jumps into Marco's arms... at that point it is exceedingly obvious that the skunk is just a stuffed toy. But they didn't just switch camera shots when he had the toy skunk in his hands -no, he picked it up, sniffed it, and said 'boy, Cassie, you stink!' or something like that. *shakes head*
If you're going to use an obvious toy prop which is supposed to be a live animal, use it quickly and the bare minimum of times.
My excitement that Animorphs was actually coming to TV quickly died.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Rachel » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:08 pm

Dude! Animorphs is freakin' awesome! It's still my favorite series even though I'm almost 20. I own quite a few of them but there are a few in the series that I haven't read, just because I can't find them anywhere.
[spoiler=the end of Animorphs]The last few books in it were so sad. The last one especially, it made me cry so bad when she died. She had been my favorite character. But that they named the ship after her was really cool.[/spoiler]
The tv series was crap. The kids looked nothing like they did on the book covers and that really bothered me. I did think that the kid who played Tobias was kind of cute though. It would have been better as a movie, they could have done so much more with putting in the whole story, had better special effects. They probably could have gotten better actors too.
I think I'll go out to the shed tomorrow and get my books out. This thread is making me want to re-read them. Again.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:58 am

I've edited your post, Rachel, but keep in mind that is a bit of a spoiler. Some people might not want to know even the little information in your post.
uc pseudonym

Postby Rachel » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:56 am

Oops, guess I hadn't thought about that.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Previous

Return to Book Corner