Jane Eyre

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Jane Eyre

Postby K. Ayato » Tue May 03, 2005 12:23 pm

My sister gave me a copy of the book a couple of years ago, and I haven't started to read it. She's read it, and says it's awesome, but I'd like some opinions (and hold off the spoilers if you can :)). I read Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (Charlotte Bronte's sister), and that book was very complicated to say the least. Not to worry. I will in time pick up Jane Eyre. All I know is that it's told from the main character's point of view, which always interests me.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue May 03, 2005 12:33 pm

I read this and I really enjoyed it. it's very beautifully written and to be honest, that's what kept me interested in the book, that and wanting to see what happened to this character.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Souba » Tue May 03, 2005 4:07 pm

Hi,
A book I really love other than the Bible, and lotr. :) I saw the BBC version of it many years ago then bought the book four years ago.
The story has a lot of mystery, and emotion to it, you really get inside Jane's head. I've never read Wuthering heights, so can't say if it is written the same way, but for me the book doesn't read too hard aka Lotr.
Well I enjoyed it so much I've re read the book a few more times since then, and take it out every once in a while just to read some of my favorites parts again! It's a really good book with plenty of little Christian themes in it, I think you'll love it. Be sure to tell us what you think about it, when you're done. :D
God Bless,
Souba
@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~

[color="RoyalBlue"]We are not saved by the Law, but by Grace[/color]

@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~@)}~`,~ @)}~`,~ @)}~`,~
Souba

Location: Second star to the right and straight on until morning!

Postby kazekami » Tue May 03, 2005 4:33 pm

I loved Jane Eyre. Its a wonderful book. I didn't like Wurthing Hieghts though. But Jane Eyre is definatly a good read.
kazekami

Postby livewire » Wed May 04, 2005 10:17 am

Jane Eyre is one of my personal favorite books. I read it a few times in High School and actually wrote a paper on it...but, that is neither here nor there. I actually don't think I've ever read Wuthering Heights, but, I HAVE read other books by the Bronte Sisters...and I would have to say that Jane Eyre is among the best. The language in the book is wonderful. I totally recommend it....=)
livewire

Postby girlninja » Wed May 04, 2005 10:57 am

I perferred Jane Eyre to Wuthering heights personally. In my opinion Jane Eyre has more socia/ emotional conflict ^^ so i would recommend Jane Eyre a book i actually ejoyed by the Brontes ^^
"If not now then when? If not me then who?-anonymous

and of course now i must instill the Dancing BANANA'S!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WHY AM I CRYING IN FRENCH-Vash the Stampede

ORORORORORO!-Himura Kenshin

:jump: :lol: :thumb:

"It is not weak to value human life!"-Raiden, Mortal Combat II

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

*ADOPTED BY* ..yea i know scary I got a adopted ~_^

Nami
girlninja

Postby Maledicte » Wed May 04, 2005 11:02 am

I like Rochester. :grin:
Maledicte

Return to Book Corner