Revenge of the Sith

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Revenge of the Sith

Postby Kenshin17 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:29 pm

Do I need to say more ;) Anyone reading, going to read, or plan on reading. The movie is gonna be total beyond words cool and the book is shaping up to confirm that. Me I am reading soon to be having read. Thoughs? Praise? Pyrotechnics?
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Andronicus_X » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:12 pm

I just finished reading it a few minutes ago. Most depressing thing EVER :sob: I knew it was going to be really really sad, I just wasn't prepared for how sad. The book was really engaging for me. I just bought it yesterday and I finished it tonight, so I read it in about 24 hours. A really excellent story to be sure, if the movie is even half as good as the book I'll love it, although I'll need to bring kleenex to sob into during certain scenes. Yes I'm nearly 24 and yes I am a man and YES I could possibly cry like a little girl about a stupid sci-fi movie, but oh well lol. I was a kid when the first movies came out, so I grew up with Star Wars and the story of Anakin is horribly tragic when you finish reading Revenge of the Sith, you understand that he was only trying to save the ones he loved. He just ends up destroying them all instead. The worst part was "This is what it feels like to be Anakin Skywalker, forever" part in the end of the book.....man that was harsh
Andronicus_X

Postby R. Zion » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:14 am

I have been a spoiler junkie for quite a while now, but I'm trying to avoid the comics in the books.

Spoiled is one thing, completely ruined is another.

I will admit, though, that I flipped through the visual dictionary yesterday.

Baron Papanoida (George Lucas) is blue and somehow two of the dancers/singers (Rystall and Greeata) from Jabba's Palace are alive in this time. I guess they're just very long lived. Either that, or Jabba has been springing for cosmetic surgery.
R. Zion

Postby Kenshin17 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:16 am

Andronicus_X wrote:I just finished reading it a few minutes ago. Most depressing thing EVER :sob: I knew it was going to be really really sad, I just wasn't prepared for how sad. The book was really engaging for me. I just bought it yesterday and I finished it tonight, so I read it in about 24 hours. A really excellent story to be sure, if the movie is even half as good as the book I'll love it, although I'll need to bring kleenex to sob into during certain scenes. Yes I'm nearly 24 and yes I am a man and YES I could possibly cry like a little girl about a stupid sci-fi movie, but oh well lol. I was a kid when the first movies came out, so I grew up with Star Wars and the story of Anakin is horribly tragic when you finish reading Revenge of the Sith, you understand that he was only trying to save the ones he loved. He just ends up destroying them all instead. The worst part was "This is what it feels like to be Anakin Skywalker, forever" part in the end of the book.....man that was harsh

Yea that ending was harsh.
A nightingale in a golden cage
That's me locked inside reality's maze
Come someone make my heavy heart light
Come undone, bring me back to life
It all starts with a lullaby
Kenshin17

Postby Namelessknight » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:02 am

Kenshin17 wrote:Yea that ending was harsh.

Which is why the whole original series is so awesome! I like them even better now, after reading Ep III. Makes the redemption part of the story that much better. Whoohooo for StarWars!!!
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Return to Book Corner