Comics (sorry, didnt know where to put this)

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby BigZam » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:06 pm

righteous_slave wrote:This thread sent me to my bookshelf to pull Gregory off and look at it again. A series of wierd stories about a crudley drawn little boy in a straightjack, a talking mouse who keeps getting killed and reincarnated as....a mouse again, and just generaly wierd stuff. There is some harsh language in it, just as a warning.

I don't like comics like that. They bother me.
gone for good...
BigZam

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:09 pm

I read comics in my Adventures*the Disney magazen* sence i was little, it use to have the Bone comic in it, that was when i was little, i think i remebore it being dark, but that was when i was little, other than that i've never realy read any, but i'm going to get the Sonic X ones that will come out next year.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby righteous_slave » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:01 am

Speaking of Disney, does anyone have any of the Gladstone reprints of the assorted Disney comics from the 30s, 40s, 50s, ect? I have some from several years ago, and they are seriously cool. Last ones I noticed in a comic shop were big, expensive hardbound collecters editions, but if they are still putting out monthy comics and digests, I highly recommend them.

BakemonoSensei: different strokes for different folks. Gregory definately isn't for everyone, but if you have a bizarre sense of humor, look it up.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby SnowLeopard » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:37 pm

Yeah! someone else has heard of Tintin.

I have a mind like a steel trap. Rusty, unsafe, and illegal in 48 states.

Forgive my idiosyncrasies, for if they did not exist, neither would I.
SnowLeopard

Postby Maledicte » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:22 pm

Hmmmmmmm....
the Sandman (duh)
Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things!!! Yeah! and all other subsequent novels
Blankets by Craig Thompson...oh it's so sad and yet funny. and it has to be at least 500 pages long...if you stack up enough of them you can build a house! (dumb)
Watchmen (another duh)
ok bye now
Maledicte

Postby Twilly Spree » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:57 am

I enjoy the works of Jhonen Velasquez, JtHM, Squee, and I am Sick
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby wilson1112000 » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:13 pm

Well, I am a Star Wars comic fan myself. Also, the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog series I likes alot. I got to get the newest issiue to see whats going on! (The last time a bought a comic was last year!)
Praise the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might, for that is what we were created for.
----------------------------------------------------------------
We've got to speed things up in this hotel. Chef, if a guest orders a three-minute egg, give it to him in two minutes.
If he orders a two-minute egg, give it to him in one minute.
If he orders a one-minute egg, give him a chicken and let him work it out for himself.

Groucho in A Night in Casablanca (movie)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese Finger trap: noun 1. A puzzle that is supposed to test ones ability at problem solveing. or 2. The manifistation of Satan in a cardborad tube.

You decide.
wilson1112000

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:30 pm

I just read a short one called "Lyrical Life". A love story told in 200 song lyrics. It's a really creative idea and it hangs together pretty well.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Kkun » Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:57 pm

I've been really digging Ultimate Spider-Man lately. I jumped into it in the Carnage story arc and have gone back and read almost everything before that through the goodness of trade paperbacks. God bless paperbacks. Seven comics in one. So awesome. Ultimate Spider-Man is a really good re-telling of the Spider-Man story, only updated for the new millenium. It's amazing. I love the artwork and Brian Michael Bendis is a great writer. Anyone else read this?
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Maledicte » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:37 am

yeah, i read'em. They're pretty good, but i was kinda bummed out by the Venom arc. Instead of being a complex dual(cause he's not an "individual"), Bendis made him a slavering lunatic. If you read the hardcover collection you'll see the editor's idea for the story, and it held much more promise than what actually came out.
I like ultimate x-men too...oh, and the Origin (of Wolverine) graphic novel really knocked the socks off me.
And yes, God bless paperbacks...
Maledicte

Postby Kkun » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:51 pm

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that about the Venom arc. However, it was only really disappointing compared to the other Venom stories. On its own, it was really quite good. My favorite story arc in Ultimate Spider-Man would have to be the Black Cat story arc or maybe the Doc Ock stuff. I really liked those. I can't wait to read the Hollywood story arc...it sounds good...
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Icarus » Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:40 pm

I've been reading Ultimate Spider-Man and X-Men whenever I get the chance, but my favorite series are Daredevil, Batman (et al), and Green Latern.

There is one new series that I can't remember the publisher for that is rather intriguing, called "The Last Minute." This guy finds a watch that both heaven and hell are after, and he is trying to survive. The art is pretty good, though you'll need to watch for some cursing. Also, the demon tends to leave a bloody trail.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Maledicte » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:23 am

[quote=" I can't wait to read the Hollywood story arc...it sounds good...[/QUOTE"]
it is. It's hilarious, and it has tobey mcguire and Sam raimi and avid ari in it. So funny.
Hey has anyone read Usagi Yojimbo? the one b&w rabbit samurai comic? it rawks!!!!
dead characters have never looked so hilarious :hits_self
Maledicte

Previous

Return to Book Corner