Did anyone else read those old.....

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Did anyone else read those old.....

Postby oro! » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:32 am

Cooper Kids books by Frank Peretti? I did a couple of years ago, and I thought they were pretty fun to read. I think my favorite book was the The Desert Stone or Tombs Of Anak. Does anyone know if any new ones are out?
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Icarus » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:30 pm

Last I heard, there were only six of them.

It kind of irritated me that a decade passed between 3 and 4, and the kids did not age.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby uc pseudonym » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:18 am

I have read a fair number of the books, a long time ago. Personally I prefer his adult novels better, but they were not bad for children's books. As far as I know the series ended as Icarus stated.

My favorite book would probably be the Tombs Of Anak.
uc pseudonym

Postby oro! » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:47 am

Thanks, y'all. I was just wondering.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:30 pm

oro!girl7 wrote:Cooper Kids books by Frank Peretti? I did a couple of years ago, and I thought they were pretty fun to read. I think my favorite book was the The Desert Stone or Tombs Of Anak. Does anyone know if any new ones are out?

There are eight books and that is all I believe. I have every one!!! I have read them all like five times and I still loove them!! My brother and I used to play that we were Jay and Lila. :lol:

Tombs of Anak and The Deadly Curse of Toko-Rey are my favs. I can list them for you if necessary.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby oro! » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:41 pm

That would be nice. I don't know if I have all ot them.( i can't go lookin' either)
oro!

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:49 pm

well, they may not be in order, but here they are:

Door in the Dragon's Throat--this is the first one,
Escape from the Island of Aquarius,
Trapped at the Bottom of the Sea,
Tombs of Anak,
Secret of the Desert Stone,
The Legend of Anne Murphy,
The Deadly Curse of Toko-Rey,
Flying Blind--this is the last of the series.

Rudyard Kipling

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Ssjjvash

Postby oro! » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:56 pm

The only one I don't have as I remember, is the Deadly Curse of Toko-Rey. What is it about?
oro!

Postby That Dude » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:31 pm

I've read about half of them. They weren't as good as his adult novels but they were good. Has anyone ever read The Accidental Detectives by Sigmund Brouwer? A pretty good kids adventure series also.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:16 pm

no I haven't read that series. I'm reading his Mars' Diaries series though.

Sorry, I haven't seen this thread in a while so I never saw your question until now, oro!girl. Jacob Cooper takes Jay and Lila to Central America where some treasure hunters have become victims of the deadly curse already. They went to solve the mystery as to what the curse was and all that good stuff.

I had help from the back of the book there.

Rudyard Kipling

Ssjjvash

Postby oro! » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:47 pm

'Tis fine. I have not read anything other than the Cooper Kids from Frank Peretti, I think.
oro!

Postby Namelessknight » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:19 am

He's got some good stuff. I really liked his Angel series and "The Visitation". And "Tombs of Anak" was my fav cooperkids.

Also read some of the "Accidental Detectives" but it was along time ago and can't remember anything about them :)
His Strength was as the Strength of Ten, for His Heart was Pure

My blog=[url=elfenknight.blogspot.com]Knightly Ruminations[/url]
Namelessknight

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:45 pm

I think my two oldest nephews read them when they were younger.Frankly Peretti
isn't my cup of tea.
mitsuki lover

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:41 pm

I only have the last four Cooper Kids books and The Deadly Curse of Toko-Rey is my faveorite.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:16 pm

I and my sister read those stories. One night, after reading the opening chapters of The Legend of Annie Murphy, just as we were about to go to bed, we read aloud the section about Annie's Eery cries. That was what I went to sleep on. Needless to say this was a set up for bad things to happen.

Well, I woke up in the middle of the night to hear a wailing cry ringing out in the hall. I froze up, and lay there, stiff as a board, for probably ten minutes. Finally, I heard my mom say "Honey-- Mike! Wake up! You're having a dream and you're murmurring in your sleep. . ."

I should have known better than to read Peretti before I went to bed. . .
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby oro! » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:57 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:I and my sister read those stories. One night, after reading the opening chapters of The Legend of Annie Murphy, just as we were about to go to bed, we read aloud the section about Annie's Eery cries. That was what I went to sleep on. Needless to say this was a set up for bad things to happen.

Well, I woke up in the middle of the night to hear a wailing cry ringing out in the hall. I froze up, and lay there, stiff as a board, for probably ten minutes. Finally, I heard my mom say "Honey-- Mike! Wake up! You're having a dream and you're murmurring in your sleep. . ."

I should have known better than to read Peretti before I went to bed. . .

I know what you mean. I remember reading the Tombs of Anak at night... and it took me a while to get to sleep. I just kept thinking of that bull thing coming after me.
oro!

Return to Book Corner