Yet, another question...from the new guy...

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Yet, another question...from the new guy...

Postby iamneo19 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:27 pm

In order for me to show you guys how much talent God has truly given me, I would need to know how to scan in an image of approximately 18"x24" (poster sized). Almost everything I do is that big, and in this case, it's unfortunate. I would hate to spend lots of money for a program or a custom scanner to do so...but if need be...then the need there is. :shady: I'm addicted to Sephiroth's look, mostly due to his eccentric and beautiful looking hair, which I want to have desperately.
But anyways... :?: me and hit me back with any ideas you may have.

From,
Neo

"A foolish man thinks himself wise...
But a wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Anonymous
iamneo19

Postby inkhana » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:33 pm

Hmmm...that's not too big...I'd scan it in pieces and splice them together in Photoshop, then reduce the size of the whole piece.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

I was afraid of that...

Postby iamneo19 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:38 pm

inkhana wrote:Hmmm...that's not too big...I'd scan it in pieces and splice them together in Photoshop, then reduce the size of the whole piece.

I was afraid of getting something like that...that's alot of work to just post something up...but it's worth it, I suppose. Piecing and fitting together should be TOO hard...

Anonymous
iamneo19

Postby Psycho Ann » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:46 pm

For anything bigger than your scanner, we usually use a digital camera to take snapshots. Be sure to have a well lighted area and a tripod to keep the camera steady, and try to avoid using the flash or anything other type of directional light.

Also, becareful to keep any shadows from casting on the art. ^^ (God knows how many stuff I ruined from THAT...)

Let me know if you have any other problems. ^^
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

That sounds easier...

Postby iamneo19 » Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:55 pm

Psycho Ann wrote:For anything bigger than your scanner, we usually use a digital camera to take snapshots. Be sure to have a well lighted area and a tripod to keep the camera steady, and try to avoid using the flash or anything other type of directional light.

Also, becareful to keep any shadows from casting on the art. ^^ (God knows how many stuff I ruined from THAT...)

Let me know if you have any other problems. ^^

That sounds easier than piecing things together (no offense inkhana :) )
My dad was thinkin about getting me a camera soon for animation purposes. That may work...thanx.

From,
Neo

Anonymous
iamneo19

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:04 am

"anything other type of directional light." I meant, "or any other type of directional light" like a desk lamp. Just thought I'd clarify that ^^

Glad I could help! Just try to use either window light (the whole room's nice and bright) or somewhere with bright white fluorescent lights (light bulbs are evil--stay away).

For animation? Wow! Are you in any art major now?
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Archan » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:07 pm

My dad was thinkin about getting me a camera soon for animation purposes. That may work...thanx

Hum, like a digital camera? Only reason I ask is because like Psycho Ann, I am also curious. That, and I myself am a Multi-Media Animation student. From my experience however, it's better to just scan your frames and pull them all together only because, well, Digi-Cams always seem to be finicky when it comes to animation. Unless it's an actual Stop-Motion Camera, then thats super and I am now envious of you :sweat:

Anyways I'm getting off subject, so I leave now.
God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Return to Tutorials