Making Links

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Making Links

Postby cbwing0 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:15 pm

Can someone tell me how to make hyperlinks with words rather than the url in my posts and signature. Is this possible, and if so, how is it done?

In case it isn't clear, what I mean is typing in a url, such as www.amazon.com, and making it appear as the word "Amazon," for instance.

Thanks in advance. :)
cbwing0

Postby GraFX Boy » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:35 pm

cbwing0 wrote:Can someone tell me how to make hyperlinks with words rather than the url in my posts and signature. Is this possible, and if so, how is it done?

In case it isn't clear, what I mean is typing in a url, such as www.amazon.com, and making it appear as the word "Amazon," for instance.

Thanks in advance. :)

Type the opening first with:

[

then type the following

URL=http://www.amazon.com/]Amazon[/URL

then close with

]

Example:

Amazon

If there is a faster way of doing this please let me know...
GraFX Boy

Postby cbwing0 » Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:37 pm

Thanks. :)

Let me see if I can do it...

Amazon

Yeah...I had it backwards before. I put the word in brackets, with the url in the middle.
cbwing0

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Feb 29, 2004 2:37 pm

Well done young
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby inkhana » Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:08 pm

LOL! Volt, I think you're hoping for a lot there...;) That's the secret Straylight special...:P <---alliteration is good

Inputting images is just the same as before, except instead of putting text in the field (for example, where "Amazon" was written) you'd put the {img} code for your image. For instance: (I'll use curly brackets instead of the straight ones for this demo. You'll want to replace "{" with "[", etc.)

{url=http://www.christiananime.net} {img}myimage.jpg{/img} {/url}

Hope this helps!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Return to Tutorials