[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Math Homework Help - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Math Homework Help

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Math Homework Help

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:34 am

Hey everybody! :)

Well basically, I need to re-take my math entrance exam... but alas, math is my hardest subject. :-( I've read well over half my study guide, but would still like to be sure I've mastered this stuff.

So basically, I was wondering if anybody knew of some good (free) math tutorial websites? I don't remember certain procedures taken to go about solving some of the problems, but I *do* remember most (if not all) of the stuff on my study guide came from my Algebra II class... I took that course in high school for honors credit (but since math is my hardest subject, it took a lot of work to pass; was definitely worth it, though).

So... would you guys happen to have any potentially good sites for me?
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby ABlipinTime » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 pm

Try wolfram alpha.
It's probably terrible for tutorial, but it's a start.
http://search.wolfram.com/?query=algebra&x=0&y=0

If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Hiryu » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:39 am

You could probably use some of the one google spits out for you, like this one: http://www.algebrahelp.com/
Hiryu

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks you two! I'll check those out. If anybody else has suggestions, feel free to keep 'em coming - the more math help the better! :D
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby ich1990 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:43 pm

http://www.khanacademy.org/

I don't know what level of math we are talking about here, but I have used the Khan Academy videos for Differential Equations and they were a life saver. I imagine his videos on lower and higher level math are the same way.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:12 pm

I would post my study guide for you guys to look at since it's online, but since it's on my college website, it'd make it obvious as to what college I'm going to... and that's a bit more personal info than I care to post about myself online publicly.

But, some of the stuff that my study guide covers includes factoring, finding slopes, x-intercepts, y-intercepts, etc. Like I said, stuff that's typically covered in Algebra II (or that I covered in Alg. II, anyway).
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Furen » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Soh Cah Toa
ummm... Pi = 3.141592653589793238... (though I doubt you'll need anything past 3.14)
math jokes can sometimes help XD (I really don't recommend that option though)

for slope, are you talking like Y=MX+B?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Yes, that is the slope formula.

And I remember Soh Cah Toa!!! XD I forgot what it stood for though...
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Furen » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:40 am

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1446146) wrote:And I remember Soh Cah Toa!!! XD I forgot what it stood for though...

if you need to remember what it is
Sin = opposite over hypotenuse
Cos = Adjacent over hypotenuse
Tan = opposite over adjacent

what specifically in slope?
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Return to Tutorials