Need Help in Writing a Paper?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Need Help in Writing a Paper?

Postby TWWK » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:34 am

Hi, everyone!

I'd like to offer my services to anyone who needs help with writing papers. I'm not a great creative writer, but I can certainly help you with essays (narratives, descriptive, compare and contrast, research, etc.). I was an English minor in college and have spent the past three years tutoring through an major online program which offers services to middle school, high school and college students. I work as a reviewer and live session tutor for this organization.

As an aside, I was a social studies teacher, so I can especially help with papers related to social studies topics.

If you're need to assistance, just lemme know through this thread or via PM!
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Have you done/do you do any work with literature reviews? I am really stumbling through processing my research articles and pulling out the information applicable to the subject of my study.

I have to write my prospectus for my thesis this semester and I am scared. I do not know what I am doing (well, I know what I want to do for my project/research, but I don't know how to write that with back ground info for formal submission.)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TWWK » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:45 pm

I've reviewed a number of thesis-related writings, but I'm not very familiar with the formatting for such documents. I can review your document during the writing process to tell you if it makes sense and what areas need to be worked on.

When you say that you're unsure about including background information, what problem are you having? Generally, contextual information is given right at the beginning, following (or as part of) the introduction. Then you give an overview, examining the topic at hand.
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Return to Tutorials