How to create myanimelist banners?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

How to create myanimelist banners?

Postby airichan623 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:19 am

I noticed a couple people have ones with pix in them and their latest views/reads: can somebody tell me how to make one (the site has really weird instructions and all the color codes etc make my head spin) is there an easier way?

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Atria35 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:10 am

Well, my favorite method is to upload a picture onto Photobucket. I can then resize and cut the picture up as needed. You see, you need to have a background photo for the recent updates that you can be posted into a larger photo for a full-on banner.

It's a little complicated. There are several clubs that will let you request banners- would you like to try that for a photo, and then I can help you paste it together into a banner?
Atria35

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Find a picture/make a picture and then upload it. How you do that, is click "Check to use a Custom Background" option. Browse to your pictures and find the picture you want to use then upload it.

Pick your "Image Type." That is your choice of if you want to show you anime updates, manga updates, both, custom, etc. Though custom I think is a little more complicated.

Then just copy and paste the code into your CAA (or wherever) sig. :)

As a side note, it's weird and sometimes won't appear immediately. If it doesn't appear immediately, refresh the page. Usually that extra refresh will make it appear--and if it doesn't--then I /think/ you just need to reupload the background picture.
MightiMidget

Postby Atria35 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Though that might only work if you only want the pic beneath your anime/manga list. If you want it as a background to that list and surrounding it, you'll need to do a bit more work ^^"
Atria35

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:57 pm

I have zero clue how to do what Atria said. :lol: If you figure it out, lemme know though...
MightiMidget

Postby airichan623 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Atria35 (post: 1399255) wrote:Well, my favorite method is to upload a picture onto Photobucket. I can then resize and cut the picture up as needed. You see, you need to have a background photo for the recent updates that you can be posted into a larger photo for a full-on banner.

It's a little complicated. There are several clubs that will let you request banners- would you like to try that for a photo, and then I can help you paste it together into a banner?

sure! i was hoping i could use the pix currently in my sig. can u stretch that to banner size for me?

airichan623

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:04 pm

How wide do you want your sig, Airi? My width? A little less wide?
MightiMidget

Postby airichan623 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:23 pm

um....normal myanimelist siggy size like ur width I guess?

and if possible, write airichan623 across the bottom in semi-transparent letters, Comic Sans font? i dont have photoshop.

airichan623

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Alrighty. =) Another quick question for you, however:

That is what it will look like stretched out, I can do that (I personally cringe at stretched out pictures, but some people don't mind it) or

add a black bar like I did with mine (or any other colored bar). The text will show up better on a solid bar, and if you get the right color you'll barely be able to tell that it's a solid color at all.
MightiMidget

Postby airichan623 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:50 am

hm....I'll use the stretched out one for now,tho can I ask you to make me a cool one sometime?

airichan623

Postby MightiMidget » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:22 pm

How's that?

(and maybe, I'm not a very good Photoshopper. it would depend how fancy you wanted it. :) )
MightiMidget

Postby Atria35 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:41 pm

airichan623 (post: 1400099) wrote:hm....I'll use the stretched out one for now,tho can I ask you to make me a cool one sometime?

And I'll go ahead and see what I can do with photobucket, while Mighti is working on that one :)
EDIT: While I have found that photo in full, screensaver size (1024x640), and I have made a banner out of it by cropping, resizing, cutting and repasting into my forum signature, it doesn't make for a good siggie pic if you want to see everyone- their heads aren't all on the same plane, You could only really have Mustang, Winry, Ed, and maybe Al if it was cut right.

If you want a 'cool' one, you could try for a different photo, or I can link you to the one I've managed to create.
Atria35

Postby airichan623 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:12 pm

ok i made a banner, but can you streatch this down to around the same height as yours, MightiMidget?

airichan623

Postby MightiMidget » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Um...sorry, I can't because it's animated, and I don't know how to re-size animated banners...sorry. :(
MightiMidget

Postby Alcuinus » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:27 pm

*slyly enters thread*

I can ;)

I too dislike resizing images though, so I... I'm sorry... I just couldn't resist making a quick mimic in addition to resizing the other one. :hits_self

Both are attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deo Volente Deo non Fortuna
Alcuinus

Postby airichan623 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:46 pm

arigato, alcuinus-kun!

its... ALIVE! AND WORKING! not sparkling anymore but aw well you cant have everything! thanx everyone~!

airichan623

Postby Alcuinus » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 pm

ah cool! glad it works! :)
Alcuinus

Return to Tutorials