Russian help?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Russian help?

Postby Esoteric » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm wondering if anyone here speaks Russian. All the online translation programs I've seen give your answers in the Russian alphabet (which I can't sound out). I'm just interested in how to say a few phrases and names of some animals for a story I'm writing. Is there someone who can help me or point me to a Russian 'romanji' translator?
Esoteric

Postby RefractedAhav » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:26 pm

if you can afford it, the pimsler set of audio lessons would probably help you learn to speak it. As for their alpha bet or whatever they call it, is based on the Cryllic character set which is ultimatly derived from the greek *instead of* the roman. So my theory is that if you learn the greek letter system you might have an eaiser time with most eastern European and former soviet letter systems.

I could be wrong.
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Return to Tutorials