Selling Books on Amazon?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Selling Books on Amazon?

Postby airichan623 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:52 am

I have some books that I want to sell on Amazon (because the half-price book store gives you 25 cents for $10 manga :stressed:), but I dont know how.

Can you sell things on Amazon just as an ordinary person without a business?

How do you create an account?

When they pay, does it go through Amazon to you, or do they pay you directly?

Any kind of help or advice on this idea would be great. :?:

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby airichan623 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Ok srsly somebody help me!

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:05 pm

You don't need a business or anything. They pay through Amazon, and Amazon will take a small portion of the price(when I was selling cds, that portion wasn't much at all). There should be a link on the main amazon page to sign up for a seller's account somewhere. I don't recall where though off the top of my head.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:22 pm

airichan623 (post: 1382213) wrote:I have some books that I want to sell on Amazon (because the half-price book store gives you 25 cents for $10 manga :stressed:), but I dont know how.

Most you'll get from any used bookstore is maybe 4 bucks per manga from my experience. 25 cents is really cheap though.

I can't recommend selling on Amazon as I don't know anyone that buys used books on it. eBay will be your best bet, as its easy to set up and a lot of people use it to buy used things. I even have an account there myself.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby SailorDove » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Here's a link for you.

http://www.amazonservices.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm?ld=AZSOAMakeMAmznServ

Looks like you'll want the "Sell Your Stuff" for individual seller part.
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby Dante » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 am

I can't recommend selling on Amazon as I don't know anyone that buys used books on it.

I buy tons of books on Amazon (I purchased two last night, String Theory in a Nutshell and and A First Course in Scientific Computing by Landau). I've also known people who've tried making a fairly good salary off it and they didn't fair half bad. Buy books at thrift stores and resell them. At the very least you make S&H (the origin of the penny books) off the books.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Postby CrimsonRyu17 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:11 pm

Pascal (post: 1382991) wrote:I buy tons of books on Amazon (I purchased two last night, String Theory in a Nutshell and and A First Course in Scientific Computing by Landau). I've also known people who've tried making a fairly good salary off it and they didn't fair half bad. Buy books at thrift stores and resell them. At the very least you make S&H (the origin of the penny books) off the books.

That may be true but I still think when it comes to selling your used books and making a profit: eBay >>> Amazon.

Especially since Amazon has a bad reputation of sellers selling the different edition of a book than the listed edition and its system being somewhat unorganized due to this. My mom has quit buying used books from Amazon just because of two cases like this. eBay? There's usually a pic of the actual book or the seller actually lists what edition.

You may think that's picky but when you have a whole older series (C.S Lewis's Space Trilogy for example) except for the 3rd book on your shelf and you get the wrong edition with a different spine/cover it's going to really look lame up there on that shelf.

This tends to come down to personal pref either way. I just have to recommend eBay over Amazon because I think it's way simpler, way more organized, way easier to set up, and way more profitable. I've been using it since I was 15 through my mom's account and now have my own. I've made quite the extra buck just from selling things like books, cd's, dvd's, figures, etc that I don't want anymore.
CrimsonRyu17

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:03 pm

Amazon.com is great for buying new items but I totally agree that eBay.com is the way to go if you're selling items and want to get some money in return.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Return to Tutorials