Modeling a wing in 3d

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Modeling a wing in 3d

Postby RefractedAhav » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:01 pm

any one have any idea of how to do this ? I could probably figure this one out but I'm running really short on time and anything to speed up the process would be great.
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Postby Jingo Jaden » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 pm

Sure, get referance, know your program, make sure you have the model made in a way that you can either unwrap it or have a clever multiple texture material. If you use a program like mudbox/zbrush. Sculpt, if you use a program like blender/max then simply poly model. If it does not need to be spectacular, you can probably use planes with a correct opacity map and 'painted' wings. Won't do much good for the third dimension, but in some pictures it can work.

Good luck at either rate.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Dante » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Wings. That would be painful. I can't imagine DRAWING wings right let alone modeling them. Some kind of hair effect might be manipulatable into giving you the thin feather effect. Otherwise, just model the feathers as thin surfaces and add a wing with a .png opacity map after you've mapped it on.
FKA Pascal
Dante

Return to Tutorials