Excel chart question for homework

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Excel chart question for homework

Postby Jaltus-bot » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:02 pm

I need to do a chart for a finance project. I was thinking of a bar chart. I would like something I can adjust to go straight across from one section to another. I want to have the percent on the left where hight is measured and the dollar values on the bottom. I want to get the dollars on the bottom, because I'm going to show another chart next to it, that I still need to make, where the decrease in return in a series of arranged projects is shown in contrast to an increase in the cost of capital used to fund projects.

Bottom line for my problem, I don't know how to get the numbers for the capital raised ($numbers) to show on the bottum.

I have Excel 2003. Excel seems to insist on putting the dollar signs on the left. I have colums number 1, 2, 3, and 4 that show up automatically.

From $0 to $106,000,000, my rate is 2.9%. From $106,000,000 to $130,800,000, it is 3.2%. After that, it is 11%. After $400,000,000, there is no more capital and the chart ends.

What do I do to show this?

I have tried the following:
$%
$%
$%

$ $ $
%%%

With this following one, I still get the same dollar values with percents on the left and 1, 2, 3, on the bottom. I illustrate another set up with I got that below.

%$
%$
%$

And when I use:
2.9% 3.2% 11.0% 11.0%
$- $106,000,000 $130,800,000 $400,000,000
I get:
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Return to Tutorials