can anyone help me with backgrounds

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

can anyone help me with backgrounds

Postby Yuna-Tairyl Kc » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:04 pm

I've built a website but i can't make a good back ground,
i'm looking for a tenchi muyo background bassed on sasami tsunami and pretty sammy,
can someone help me please
Image Image Image

As the cherry bloosom open's my heart grow's for you,
As the rose petal drop's I fall for you.

many people will walk in and out of your life, but it's true friends that will leave the foot prints behind....
Yuna-Tairyl Kc

Postby Knives » Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:43 pm

Yuna-Tairyl Kc wrote:I've built a website but i can't make a good back ground,
i'm looking for a tenchi muyo background bassed on sasami tsunami and pretty sammy,
can someone help me please

Not all these wallpapers are clean! enter at your own risk

http://www.animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/tenchi/
Knives

Postby Straylight » Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:05 am

They all looked clean to me o_O

BTW, if you're using a wallpaper background be careful -- they are huge and will place a big load on your bandwidth.
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Retten » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:00 am

Straylight wrote:BTW, if you're using a wallpaper background be careful -- they are huge and will place a big load on your bandwidth.

Yeah like straylight said watch out for that not mention you dont want a busy background anyway it needs to be simple so people can still read the text clearly

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Pantakrator » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:55 am

Like WhiteBlaze and Straylight said; be very careful about wallpaper BGs. Long loading times is the biggest problem.

If you want though, a neat trick is to find a BG (wallpaper) with most of the action to one side. After you get your BG drop in an I-frame and set up your navigation. Just make sure your I-frame has a solid color BG. You can usually get the right color by copying a portion of the BG.

Bada Bing! A website layout in 5 minutes. Allbeit, one with horrendous load time...

Just an idea...
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:48 pm

just make a tiny image and have that repeat as your background. here's a couple I made...

Okay it seems CAA's attachment manager upsizes the Pics. There only supose to be 50x50 pixels or about the size of your index finger nail. Well you get the idea don't you. Just something simple but also something that isn't too bland or plain like a pure white background. Even though sometimes pure white backgrounds are perfect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:57 pm

Anime images usually aren't great for website bgs because the images tend to be very high contrast, so it's impossible to find a font color that will go on top of one.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby LorentzForce » Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:57 pm

just don't make it TOO tiny. i found out having too many tiling in the background slows down the site's scrolling by quite a lot. 50x50 is alright, but try something like 64x64 or 100x100. just find a perfect in-between...
LorentzForce

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:34 pm

I've never had a
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby madphilb » Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:55 pm

RE: the contrast problem

The best use of background images is to find light ones to begin with and then fade them out using various tools in PhotoShop/PSP/GIMP so that they are as light/pale as you can make them.

Oh, and backgrounds that are too busy are horrible.... actually, many web pages use horrible background, light or dark... make sure you look at it and let quite a few other people look at it.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby MyrrhLynn » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:38 pm

madphilb wrote:actually, many web pages use horrible background, light or dark..

Indeed

Actually I shouldn't say that, since I currently have a "ahh it burns my eyes!" site up right now, lol. I should really upload the new layout. :sweat: And sorry I don't really have a lot of advice for a background except that I agree to now use a too busy background! :thumb:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Return to Tutorials