End notes

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

End notes

Postby Jaltus-bot » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:14 am

Ok, so if I have a paper that requires end note or foot notes, and I want to do end notes, that means that I do the little numbers by my references in the text, then number my works cited in order that they are used in the paper, and list in that order instead of alphabetical order, right?
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Technomancer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:47 am

Depends on the style that is preferred by your teacher. Most articles I read are in such a way that your citations are listed (and numbered) in the order you made them. However, the MLA and APA styles which are also common are written differently. For example, the sample sentence below as it would appear in a paper:

Blah blah blah, etc (Malarkey, 1992). And then some more words (Whatsit, 1993a) followed by stuff (Whatsit, 1993b).

In these cases, your citations would be written in alphabetical order.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Return to Tutorials