Soil Rap

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Soil Rap

Postby Sheenar » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:42 am

For my Soil Science class (as a project), we either have to dig a 4 foot hole and reconstruct the soil horizons from the soil or write and perform a 3 minute song.

I decided to do the latter. I have until November to finish.

I am going to do a rap (so I don't have to actually sing much :D) to the tune of "Gangster's Paradise" --I'm calling it "Earthworm's Paradise"

This is what I have so far:

"As I crawl through the belly of a big mound of earth
I take a look at my home and realize it's not dirt
Cause I've been thinkin' and thinkin' some more and
I've come to realize that there's something more"

I'm going to look at my Soil Science notes and decide what facts to include in the song. I want to include the horizons and something about sand, silt, and clay in the next stanza.

The chorus:
"I've been spending all my life
Livin' in an Earthworm's Paradise"

Does anyone have any experience in writing parody? I want this song to be both informative and entertaining/funny.

I included the "not dirt" part because my prof gets upset if you call soil "dirt" --so it's a bit of a poke at him. XD
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:01 pm

Um...I've done a bit of it. Let me know if you want me to help or not. I've more experience in original writing, but I'd love to help you out with this.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Sheenar » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:20 pm

Thank you SnoringFrog. I would really appreciate your help. I've got a good start, just struggling with finding the right lyrics and facts to use for the rest.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to Tutorials