First time making an AMV

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

First time making an AMV

Postby Maledicte » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:17 am

I'm using Windows Movie Maker, and I want to make it that the screen (of the video) is black for the first four seconds or so, but still have the audio playing. Can anyone help?
Maledicte

Postby LadyRushia » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:47 am

I used to use WMM all the time before it started acting up on me. Try the fade in from black effect for the first clip and add it on there a couple times (the more times you add an effect, the longer it stays). You could do that or add the fade in just once, pause it, and take a picture of the black. Then you can just put the picture in the show and stretch it out as long as you want.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby animewarrior » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:42 am

I hate to be the one to point out the obvious but is your video clip pulled back all the way to where the audio starts?
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby GeneD » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:09 pm

Here's what I did when I needed to have a few seconds of black screen. Make a picture (in Paint or something) that's all black and import it into WMM. Then just place it at the beginning of the timeline and drag it to make it "stay" as long as you want.

You can drag the audio then to where you want it to start playing.

If you have a piece of a clip that shows a black screen, you can also cut it out so that it's on it's own, save it as a finished video, import it and use it wherever you need it. This seems a bit time consuming, but it works well enough.

Let me know if none of this makes sense.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Maledicte » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

animewarrior (post: 1248145) wrote:I hate to be the one to point out the obvious but is your video clip pulled back all the way to where the audio starts?

I tried skootching the clip forward a few seconds but it wouldn't move. Thanks though.

I'll try using the black picture in WMM, thanks guys :)
Maledicte

Postby bigsleepj » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:25 pm

While we're on the subject, does anyone know a good (free) program with which one could rip the video from DVD's?

Just asking. :grin:
Unwise Toasting Sermon

The Sweet Smell of CAA
The Avatar Christian Ronin designed for me
An Avatar KhakiBlue gave to me
The avatar Termyt made for me

KhakiBlueSocks wrote:"I'm going to make you a prayer request you can't refuse..." Cue the violins. :lol:

Current Avatar by SirThinks2much - thank you very much! :thumb::)
bigsleepj

Postby GeneD » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Hey, SirThinks2Much, just wanted to say that when you finish it, let us know if there's somewhere on the web that we can view it. I'd love to see what you made. :thumb:
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Return to Tutorials