Creative Zen Vision video problems

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Creative Zen Vision video problems

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:34 pm

Ok, so I've been downloading some stuff from Youtube, which means it's in .flv format. Vision:M can't handle that, so I needed a converter, got that, converted them all to .wmv, which is supported. But, the converter in the software that came w/ the Vision said it needed to be converted, so I started the conversion process again ((which still had me closer than before, considering when they were .flv it wouldn't even see them)). Here's the weird part, it "converts" them from .wmv to...well, .wmv. And when it does that, then they work on my mp3 player just fine.

However, and here's where the problem is, it won't work for most of them on the 2nd conversion, it just says "conversion unsuccessful" and moves on.

Anyone have any clue why 1)It has to reconvert, or 2)the reconversion fails?
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby animewarrior » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:41 pm

I had a Creative Zen once...it went kaput after about 7 months... >,< (they're designed that way) so I bought an iPod Nano (YAY!)....btw
'neways since you have one I know that you have to convert your file so it will be compatible with your Zen player...something about codecs if I remember correctly from the manual... and if your files won't convert the 2nd time you might be able to successfully convert them if you try to use the original file that you downloaded...aka the flv format one..and convert them to AVI that usually worked for me with my Zen... I hope this helps...XD
~ The fainter the heartbeat the stronger the soul~

*They're just an incomplete group of people wishing to be whole; and to that end, they're desperately searching for something.* - Namine (Kingdom Hearts 2)
animewarrior

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:52 pm

I thought about trying that, but the video converter in the CZ software doesn't convert .flv to my knowledge. I'll try it again in a little bit.

And, for the record. I've been using my Vision M since December '06. No big problems at all, and all the small ones clear up shortly.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Return to Tutorials