Grammar/punctuation help

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Grammar/punctuation help

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm working on some bios for a school webpage I'm doing, and I want to have all the English on it done correctly, but I feel like there's something wrong w/ my punctuation or my capitalization here, as I don't have much experience in typing degrees and whatnot.

[name] is originally from Oxnard, California. She has a Bachelors degree in life science with a minor in social science, a Masters degree in science education, and twelve years of teaching experience.

Is there anything wrong w/ that? Or is there anything that could be done in a more professional way? I want this to look as good as possible.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:33 pm

SnoringFrog (post: 1202685) wrote:[name] is originally from Oxnard, California. She has a Bachelors degree in life science with a minor in social science, a Masters degree in science education, and twelve years of teaching experience.

Hmm... You might consider switching it around a little, to make it less like a list:

"In addition to twelve years of teaching experience, [name] has attained a bachelors degree..."

or something like that. Multiple sentences can sometimes look more professional than a single, multi-topic one.
Mithrandir

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:55 pm

Also, "Bachelor's" and "Master's" have apostrophes.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby LadyRushia » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:15 pm

I think the areas of study need to be capitalized.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Return to Tutorials