GIMP--help!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

GIMP--help!

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:09 pm

How do I line art on GIMP?
Is that even possible?
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:19 pm

What do you mean by "line art"? Are you referring to drawing line art on GIMP from scratch, or what?
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Ah...you know that tool that you use to make lines that you can bend and curve? I can't seem to find that.

I need to use it to "digitally ink" my picture. I hope that made sense...
[color=purple][font=Tahoma][color=royalblue]"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."--[/color]Isaiah 40:31
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby MangArtist » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:08 pm

I don't think that's in GIMP. You can do something kinda like that with the paint and pencil tools. Start a line by just clicking (don't hold) where you want the line to start. Then hold Shift and click where you want the line to end.

Hope that helps!

Btw, there's a GIMP tutorial here, http://www.theproject.us/
"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 30:6)

Muh DA page.
MangArtist

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:45 pm

Aw.

Thanks ^^. I'll check it out!
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:05 pm

Yeah, what MangArtist said, and also there's the path tool. With it, you can make several points, connect them with a line, and then stroke that line in several different ways. For anything that's not going to be just a straight line, the path tool is probably what you'd want.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby ~darkelfgirl~ » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:18 pm

Ok. Thanks Snoring ^^
[/font]
[/color]
~darkelfgirl~

Return to Tutorials