Gar, web design/image problem!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Gar, web design/image problem!

Postby Godly Paladin » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Look at this page: http://www.toonamifan.com/animegundam00.html

Okay, now change the text size up and down (Ctrl + and - ). See how there's one size where the author avatar on the right is perfectly within the box? On all other sizes it's screwed up. How do I make the image size with the box, or keep the box from changing size with the text? Please help; I'm using Dreamweaver.

Thanks.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:29 pm

I'm not entirely sure at this point, as Firefox isn't cooperating so I can't mess around w/ it how I'd like, but I'd say either set a definite size for that box, or remove the definite size for the image, and that seems to me like it'd work, but again I'm not entirely sure yet.

EDIT: Ok, after messing around w/ it a bit, it doesn't look like removing the set image size will help anything, and you can't give the border a set size since it's a border and not a separate image. You could remove the border from the CSS and replace it with an image instead, probably a complete box, avatar and name for the image. That way none of it scales w/ the text sizes.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Godly Paladin » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Ah ha; got it and thank you!
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Return to Tutorials