Good video converters?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Good video converters?

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:33 pm

Hey Guys,

So I got a Microsoft Zune this Christmas *red=prettyful* and I'm trying to put some of my favorite AMVs on it, cementing my reputation forever as a nerd. Anyways, I'm running into some file extension issues-- namely that they're almost all in AVI format and they need to be in MPEG-4 format. Any suggestions on a good video converter? I'd love if there was some shareware that would serve the purpose, but if I must pay something for it then *sigh* I must. Any suggestions, you tech savvy wonderful peoples?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:54 pm

If you use a Mac, then I suggest Visual Hub, definitely. User friendly and works fine. I use it all the time to put...AMVs on my iPod video. We are both cemented as nerds. XDD

However, since it's a Zune, you probably don't use a Mac (since I don't think those hook up to Macs from what I've heard), in which case this post is almost entirely useless. XDD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:01 pm

When I was only using a PC, I had good luck with Jodix's Ipod Video Converter. Granted, I was using it for my iPod, but to my knowledge, it should work just fine for the Zune as well.

Hopefully this will work out as well for you as it did for myself.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:27 pm

You could try SUPER:

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It does a lot for a free program. Don't be put off by the semi-ameteurish-looking page...
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Novi » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Total Video Converter is the best freeware, supports many formats and it's pretty quick too. Also you can configure settings much more than in jodix.
Living Proof
Novi

Return to Tutorials