[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
CAA Art School: April Session: Cel-Shading - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

CAA Art School: April Session: Cel-Shading

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

CAA Art School: April Session: Cel-Shading

Postby soul alive » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:28 pm

Hi, it's soul alive.

This is the first session in Aprio of the CAA Art School. The subject this session is cel-shading.

You can see the tutorial here:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52526248/

If you have any questions about the tutorial, please post them here. I would also love to see any artwork that you do following the tutorial.

If you have any general questions about the CAA Art School, please post them in the original thread: http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=39580

Thanks!
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Esoteric » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:36 pm

Nice tutorial! You know, copying and darkening an already existing color layer and then deleting portions in order to create shadows is a good idea...I usually don't think of doing it that way. Thanks for reminding me!

FYI: You don't have to copy and delete the Background layer. Just double click on it and a dialogue box will open for a new layer named "layer 0" Click 'OK' and the background will become an ordinary unlocked layer.
Esoteric

Postby soul alive » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:43 pm

huh - didn't know that. ^^ I'll try that next time I do a drawing.
Thanks, Eso
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:07 pm

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52776667/
this has been added to CA on Deviant Art ^_^ Thanks so much, SA
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby soul alive » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:31 pm

Thanks for getting the tutorials up on dA, CK!
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Return to Tutorials