Cosplay help wanted!!!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Cosplay help wanted!!!

Postby midori45 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:41 pm

Okay so basicly I'm gonna try putting together my first cosplay costume to date. I'm planning on trying to make a costume of Tri-Blade (aka Kite of the Azure Flame) and I don't know where to start. I've included a ref. picture, but other than that I'm totally clueless :shake: So any ideas on where to get started?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adopted by:

*Mega.exe

Breaking the bonds of popularity on day at a time :cool:

Julia M. (<-- My bff) wrote: You know what Grace, you take the whole "one step forward two steps back" saying to a whole new level. You just skip the forward step all together.

I carry the weight of the world
as the past is unfurled, but I won’t stop to
wonder,
Going through this life on my own made me as cold as a stone,
I’m a ship going under,
And I’d tell you this, but I don’t know how,
I’m caving in and I’m falling out and I can’t resist,
And I can’t rebound with the weight of the world as the world falls down... -Weight of the World by Saliva

I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes. -Ichigo Kurosaki

Current Anime Favorites:

• Bleach
  • Elfen Lied
  • Death Note
midori45

Postby Debitt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:44 am

No idea where to start? :3 Try asking yourself how far you're going to go with the costume. Are you going to get a wig? Make his weapons? Make accurate versions of the belt/gloves? Do you have any sewing experience?

:3 After you've got all your questions sorted out, try looking for online costume making resources. Cosplay.com's message boards are great - use the search function and you're bound to find something to help you.

For the clothes, try looking at patterns in the fabric store or online. It looks like his outfit is made up of pants+belts, an over shirt, and a long-sleeved shirt under that. Find patterns that you could realistically alter in to those pieces of clothing if you don't have any experience in making your own patterns.

:3 Good luck!

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby RubyJewelStone » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:00 pm

Cosplay.com forums = <3

They are very helpful and with that handy search feature you should be able to find a tutorial or find someone who did the costume before and ask them about certain aspects.

They'll have tons of advice and specific forums for props, wigs, and makeup.
I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when he is silent.
~Author Unknown
RubyJewelStone

Return to Tutorials