iPod Video trouble

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

iPod Video trouble

Postby K. Ayato » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi. I have a 30G iPod Video, and it's giving me trouble in one area: the videos. My sister transferred some videos from her computer to mine, and 3 of them (downloaded from animemusicvideos.org) are accepted by iTunes and converted into Quicktime files automatically.

The problem is, when I connect my iPod to my computer, the screen on the player goes white with the "Do not disconnect" symbol on it. This concerns me, 'cause when I'd plug it into other computers with iTunes, the player would eventually show the charging battery symbol. Mine isn't.

And when I update the iPod, the new songs get transfered over, but for some reason, the videos aren't. They're safe in the library, and in the Videos slot. I even put them in their own playlist. But that playlist isn't getting put into the iPod upon updates.

Also, that Videora converter is giving me a hard time, 'cause I'm following the steps as given in the guide, but the resulting file is not recognized by either my computer or iTunes.

Please help. I feel kinda dumb having an iPod that plays videos, but with no videos currently in it. Thanks.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Jasdero » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:48 pm

Don't worry about that 'Do not disconnect' warning. It's supposed to show that until you "eject" your iPod from the computer through iTunes (and then disconnect the USB).

As for transferring videos:
http://plasticbugs.com/?p=305#compatible

Your videos need to be an .mp4 file. Check out this thread:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=39480

edit> Here's a video tutorial: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorials/
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:00 pm

Thanks, but it's under control now. Turns out I was using an older version of iTunes, and telling Videora to send the converted video to a spot in my computer where I couldn't locate it.

Bunch of trial and error (and headaches) but I've figured it out now. Thanks either way.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Return to Tutorials