[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
3D in Photoshop - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

3D in Photoshop

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

3D in Photoshop

Postby midori45 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:23 pm

How would I go about making certain things 3D like in this image?

I want to use this effect in an image I'm working on. My computer runs 4.0 and my dad has CS so if anyone could either find a good tutorial (preferably one that doesn't use text as an example) for this kind of thing that'd be greatly appreciated. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adopted by:

*Mega.exe

Breaking the bonds of popularity on day at a time :cool:

Julia M. (<-- My bff) wrote: You know what Grace, you take the whole "one step forward two steps back" saying to a whole new level. You just skip the forward step all together.

I carry the weight of the world
as the past is unfurled, but I won’t stop to
wonder,
Going through this life on my own made me as cold as a stone,
I’m a ship going under,
And I’d tell you this, but I don’t know how,
I’m caving in and I’m falling out and I can’t resist,
And I can’t rebound with the weight of the world as the world falls down... -Weight of the World by Saliva

I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes. -Ichigo Kurosaki

Current Anime Favorites:

• Bleach
  • Elfen Lied
  • Death Note
midori45

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:26 pm

Well the image is highlighted at the character, so the lighting effect Filter - render - lightning effects. It may make a feel for it, other than that there are the brushes *black soft ones* that can help you construct it. A nice shade/highlighting can give it a real feel ^^
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby midori45 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:37 pm

Well it's more the translucent arms that I'm trying to recreate.
Adopted by:

*Mega.exe

Julia M. (<-- My bff) wrote: You know what Grace, you take the whole "one step forward two steps back" saying to a whole new level. You just skip the forward step all together.

wonder,
I’m a ship going under,
And I can’t rebound with the weight of the world as the world falls down... -Weight of the World by Saliva

I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes. -Ichigo Kurosaki

Current Anime Favorites:

• Bleach
  • Elfen Lied
  • Death Note
midori45

Postby Esoteric » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:12 pm

Photoshop is not particularilt well known for it's 3d abilities. There are some ways to achieve certain effects however. Two come to mind. One is the 3D transform filter. This is pretty straight forward and also pretty limited. The second method involves the creation and use of alpha channels with lighting effects.

http://www.photoshopgurus.com/tutorials/t002.html

Looking breifly, I found this tutorial on channels. It's pretty wordy, but it doesn't use text as the example. I might add however, that many examples which use text do use the same principles (I've seen some awesome 3d textures applied to text).
Esoteric

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:09 pm

4.0 vs CS? That's quite a leap... As for warping the image to fit the translucent object, it would be interesting to learn that, too... I sorta see what you're saying about the channels, but... That isn't quite the same thing... It is a shortcut and may prove useful for this project, though. The base translucency is easy, just not the refraction. I'd probably just do it on 3ds max, if i could build whatever I was trying to refract, the refraction itself is very easy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby midori45 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:16 pm

Well it's my dad that has CS so if there is a techneque that can only be done on that particular system I can convince him to help me or let me try it on my own.
Adopted by:

*Mega.exe

wonder,
I’m a ship going under,

Current Anime Favorites:

• Bleach
  • Elfen Lied
  • Death Note
midori45

Return to Tutorials