[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Temulin Needs YOUR Help! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Temulin Needs YOUR Help!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Temulin Needs YOUR Help!

Postby USSRGirl » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:54 pm

Hmm... I need coverart for my English class portfolio and I would like some suggestions. Lessee... last year I used Nausicaa reading a book. Hmm it can be something completely random, just has to look kinda nice a literary... er sorta.

Anywho! Post any anime pics (should be kinda large) and other potential art choices that you think might look good here! I think I want something like with Belldandy from Oh My Goddess... if anyone could find a pic of her like riding the broom that would be good.

In anycase...

SUBMIT YOUR SUGGESTIONS PROLITERIATE MASSES!!!! THIS IS YOUR TIME TO VOICE OPINIONS FREELY AND HELP YOUR GLORIOUS CHAIRMAN!!!
USSRGirl

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:26 pm

You could always use a blank piece of paper and draw this on it:

^(^0^)^

Then when everyone looks at you sceptically you can tell them its modern art and they just don't understand its true significance. :grin:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:36 pm

EDIT: Apparently I'm tired and my dyslexia is fully functioning again...I misinterpreted that post. I'll find you a picture though...
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby Puritan » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:57 pm

Closest I was able to find from my Ah! My Goddess DVDs, not exactly what you wanted, but one of these might do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"...cease not a day from this work; be killing sin or it will be killing you." - John Owen The Mortification of Sin
Puritan

Postby ShadowCat » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:07 pm

ShadowCat

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:13 pm

Could one potentially use a different anime? That one is bad for searching with...

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby termyt » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:10 pm

Oh My Goddess pics should be easy enough to find. I see a few good examples here already. As a counter, might I recommend googling Kokoro Toshokan?

It's a very cute and well drawn anime series about three sisters who run a library. That ought to give any pic a literary feel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:01 pm

Oooh I like CreatureArt's suggestion the best. :lol:

^__^ Hmm... I haven't seen the OMG/AMG anime, so I was picturing something from the manga. I like the first Belldandy pic Puritan posted. Shadow's is a bit too festive. I want it to be quieter and more subdued. OOOOH... I may just use the first Kokoro pic. Never heard of the anime, but it's a good pic.

And yes, you can post stuff from other animes. I might not use Belldandy, I was just brainstorming.
USSRGirl

Postby SP1 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:12 pm

Well there's always Read or Die (sometimes called Read or Dream...these are the Paper Sisters).

Kokoro Toshokan? Librarians with cat ears? WHERE DO I BUY!
"Those who believe will be saved...so they say. Get it?"
Sister Rosette Christopher

Sorry ladies, already married to HitomiYuriko , but it took both our efforts to come up with daughter Althaia

Please use the Haibane Renmei Lesson Plan

MOES: Can't scroll this.
SP1

Postby termyt » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:22 am

SP1 wrote:Well there's always Read or Die (sometimes called Read or Dream...these are the Paper Sisters).

Depends on the series.
Read or Die = OVA
Read or Dream = manga
ROD the TV = TV series
SP1 wrote:Kokoro Toshokan? Librarians with cat ears? WHERE DO I BUY!

It's a really cute series that will probably never make to us here in an official release - it's not exactly action packed and it doesn't feature mecha or witches or aliens. I'm still holding out hope, though.
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby USSRGirl » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:17 pm

I have decided! I am using the first one of termyt's pics. Cute little red maid kinda outfit and lots of books. Awwwwww. It's perfect!

Thank you very much all!

Read or Die? Wow. And they looked so innocent in those pics!
USSRGirl

Postby QtheQreater » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:04 pm

Sorry about not coming up with one, Temmy. I ran into some distasteful events here on campus...people called them "Finals". Nasty things.

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby termyt » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:20 am

Mwah-ha-ha. So now Temulin owes me one.

Glad you liked the pic.
termyt

Return to Tutorials