How do you make thumbnails in the gallery?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

How do you make thumbnails in the gallery?

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:07 am

I'm trying to use Photobucket to upload some pics I've done. And I don't know how. Please help!

Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Ashley » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:57 am

You can't use photobucket in the gallery; you have to use the attachment system and CAA automatically makes the thumbnail for you.
Ashley

Postby MyrrhLynn » Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:01 am

Yup yup, that's the way if you want thumbnails. If you just wanted to link to a picture in some other post then you could store it on Photobucket and then post the link up for people to click on. But for the gallery you use the CAA system. :)

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Postby Jasdero » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:51 am

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:I'm trying to use Photobucket to upload some pics I've done. And I don't know how. Please help!

Thanks!

Uh.. do you mean you want to make a custom image link? [something not uploaded into the gallery, basically.. XD]
Example: Image or Image

Well.. in Photobucket, after you upload your image from either file or url, you should get three links. One's just the image link(url), the other is coding you use on the normal web (tag), and the last one is for forums such as CAA (img). But uh.. anyways... If you want to make a thumbnail with a link to the original image.. use this code....

For CAA:
[PHP][url=ORIGINAL IMAGE URL][img]THUMBNAIL%20IMAGE%20URL[/img][/url][/PHP]
And if you want to know how to get the thumbnail image's url...
Firefox: Right-click on the thumbnail image --> Copy Image Location --> Paste
Internet Explorer: Right-click on the thumbnail image --> Properties --> Highlight and copy the url for "Address (URL)" --> Paste
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Return to Tutorials