[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Drawing Anime-Style Pictures (Non-Shape) - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Drawing Anime-Style Pictures (Non-Shape)

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Drawing Anime-Style Pictures (Non-Shape)

Postby Neo3DGfx » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:14 pm

I have been racking my brain trying to draw copies of screencaps upside -down, and I was wondering if anyone knows if that's a good way to learn how to draw anime on paper.

Is there a quicker way that does not use the shapes method? (I'm trying to un-learn my brain.)

(And I don't have the money to buy any books.)
Neo3DGfx==Me=="A Christian Gundam SEED (Destiny) fan who wants to make a Christian anime series.:thumb:"
~ Me, ca. 2005... Kept for posterity
Neo3DGfx

Postby Hephzibah » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:17 pm

Try the library... I found tonnes of How to Draw Manga books in there :thumb: Aside from that, try drawing pics you find on the net, as well as draw lines. I know it sounds dumb, but as you draw lines, your finer hand skills (i.e. drawing) increase ;)
Hephzibah

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

Um ... I don't understand the screencaps upside-down thing. Also, what's wrong with the shapes method? I'm afraid that 98% of the books or tutorials you'll find will show you how to use shapes to set up perspective and such. I use shapes and lines to draw, and I wouldn't know how to teach someone using any other method. :sweat:
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby olorc » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:17 pm

stick with the shapes method...it really works. Remeber light lines are friendly line... XD
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Mave » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:40 pm

:eh: Do clarify what you mean by screencaps- upside down. I'm pretty confused about it myself.

Alright, I admit that I learnt to draw anime/manga without using shapes and sticks. But it was only achieved by many many years of constant practice (like 17-18 years). Because of that, I make a poor teacher in what you're asking for. ^_^;
Mave

Postby Neo3DGfx » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:14 am

About the upside-down thing:

When you view something upside-down, your brain doesn't have the same pattern recognition as viewing it rightside-up. It's all about patterns.

That's how my mom learned how to draw.

I think what I really need is to figure out how to draw in three dementions.

I guess I'll just have to try the shapes method.
Neo3DGfx==Me=="A Christian Gundam SEED (Destiny) fan who wants to make a Christian anime series.:thumb:"
~ Me, ca. 2005... Kept for posterity
Neo3DGfx

Return to Tutorials