[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
:mutter: Can someone [I][B]Please [/B] [/I] tell me how I can make my own avatars? - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

:mutter: Can someone [I][B]Please [/B] [/I] tell me how I can make my own avatars?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

:mutter: Can someone [I][B]Please [/B] [/I] tell me how I can make my own avatars?

Postby White Raven » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:28 pm

:mutter: Can someone Please tell me how I can make my own avatars? and put them up? :bang:
I want too make my own, but I don't know what size to make it. :mutter:
White Raven

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:59 pm

you can use paint - or if you have it, paint shop pro or photoshop. Avatars can be up to 90 x 90 pixels. After you save the image, go to your user cp and upload the avatar from your computer to the server.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Postby termyt » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:13 pm

Do you know much about editting pictures in a program like Photoshop or PaintShop Pro? You need access to a program like that to make affective avatars. MSPaint will also work, but it's kind of hard to use (although UC does fine at it). You can use it to creat your own avatars from scratch.

You need to make you avatar no bigger than 90x90 pixels. Do you have a picture to use in mind? There are several here who would be willing to do the work for you. If you want to do it on your own and have a program that can help, open the picture up in the program and play with it. You will likely need to resize it to fit the size limits and you can upload it into CAA using the user control panel (click the User CP button at the top of the window).

I hope that helps. If not, more information would be helpful - like what you want to use for an avatar, etc.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby Jasdero » Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:25 pm

ILoveArt wrote::mutter: Can someone Please tell me how I can make my own avatars? and put them up? :bang:
I want too make my own, but I don't know what size to make it. :mutter:

Well.. you're going to have to find an image you want to use...

You also need an image editing program, such as Adobe Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Microsoft Paint... Gimp, is a good program, I hear. It's freeware, too~
Gimp --> http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=6686

For CAA, your avatar needs to be 90x90 pixels. Other forums/sites, though, usually go with 100x100 pixels. Generally, when you're making your avatar, start with 100x100 pixels. Once you're done, save that file. Then, you can resize it to 90x90, 50x50, or whatever, and save that again as a different file. ^^ That way, you can use it on sites other than CAA, and so on~

*o*/ Good luck.
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Return to Tutorials