[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Linking files - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Linking files

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Linking files

Postby SpikeSpiegel306 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:03 pm

Okay...I really hope someone out there can help me. I need to know how to (if it is at all possible) link a file from my computer to a website. For example, I have some songs on my computer that I would like people to be able to listen to by clicking a link online, but I dont know how to link them.

I need to be able to put music on the internet somehow...I guess thats what I am trying to ask basically.
SpikeSpiegel306

Postby ZiP » Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:00 pm

You need to host them on a website, and put that link on the website, here's one you can use:

http://hostmyfile.net/

But unfortunatly, it won't work for anything bigger than a 1 MB file.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby SpikeSpiegel306 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:21 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!
SpikeSpiegel306

Postby agasfas » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:59 pm

LIke zip said, you need to find a host server such as geocities, tripod etc... You must then upload them from your computer to the host server.
Then, if you are creating a personal webpage you would then link the song using the html tags.

Example: I want to upload mp3 song titled "song." I uploaded it to geocities and then use a html source code such as:

<a href="song.mp3">Click here</a>

or if you are linking from another server in zips case you would have to give the exact path of the file.
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/random/song.mp3"> Song title </a>

I doubt you needed all that because Zip already answered it. But if you are creating a web page, that would be how you do it.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby SpikeSpiegel306 » Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:20 pm

okay, i am using angelfire to make a webpage that will have links to songs on the it, but i cant get the links to show up on the page...if anyone uses angelfire and can help me...I would really appreciate it!
SpikeSpiegel306

Postby agasfas » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:12 am

You need to know html... I'm sure Angelfire has a way to manually edit html documents-- I used to use their server. Most places do.

Where did you upload your files, angelfire's server or another?
If you can what is the exact path of the files? For example: my avatar is uploaded to a geocities server so I used the exact path:
http://www.geocities.com/agasfas/bansig.jpg

If I wanted to link it in html you would have to type:
<a href="http://www.geocities.com/agasfas/bansig.jpg">Click me</a>

It would look much like this:
Click Me

-though in your case it's an mp3 or another music format

If you know the exact path of the file (where it's uploaded), then you can use the code I mentioned anywhere. Just remember the linking tag:
<a href="http://.......">Click </a>

If you need more help, feel free to Pm me. I don't mind helping out.

Edit:
Yeah, can you post your website? I'm very experienced in HTML. If you let me or Zip (doesn't matter), we may be able to take a look at the Html source, edit it and send it back to you via PM. That's if you want to and still need the help.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby ZiP » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:12 am

He might already be using HTML.
If you are, post the code that you're using for the link, I know HTML, I might be able to help.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Return to Tutorials