What's Photoshop 7 got that Photoshop 6 doesn't have?

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

What's Photoshop 7 got that Photoshop 6 doesn't have?

Postby Mangafanatic » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:12 pm

Well, I know one thing that photoshop 7 has that photoshop 6 doesn't--- and that's a $600.00 price tag!

So, what exactly is the difference between 6 and 7? Thanks for your help everyone!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Ashley » Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:33 pm

Hmm, well the only thing I know right off the bat is that you can select something on one layer and the "mask" can transfer to other layers. I know there's a lot more technical things (and some more filters I believe), but I can't think of any right off the top of my head.
Ashley

Postby Jasdero » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:09 am

=_=;; I can't remember... I had both Photoshop 6 and 7, but I haven't touched them since I got CS almost 6 months ago... I just really remember being very happy with the improvements they had made in 7, and that says a lot considering how disappointed I was with the 7 --> CS (8) upgrade..

Photoshop 7 is $600.00? o.o;;; I'm pretty sure that Photoshop CS is around $550 (Amazon.com)... >.>;; Wherever you're getting that price from, it's not a good place to buy it.. XD;;;
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby agasfas » Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:36 pm

To be honest I don't know the exact anwser because I've never used PS v.6. Though I do believe like Ashley has stated have more options in the filters and tools (brushes etc). Also there are more layer tools and options.

(This is a copy and paste)

* The ability to customize and tidy up Photoshop's multitude of palettes into savable Workspaces.
* Similarly, Tool Presets can now be saved.
* A File Browser, carried across from Adobe's low price (but highly useful) Photoshop Elements, lets users search for graphics by name or date or keyword.
* A greatly revised Brushes palette includes features to approximate real-world painting, reminiscent of (though still a pale imitation of) Corel/Procreate Painter.
* Two new tools, Healing Brush and Patch Tool, that work magic in erasing wrinkles and other minor flaws from photos.
* Auto Color adjustment, which simplifies correcting color casts in scans or digital photos.
* A spelling checker. You won't use Photoshop to replace your word processor, but now you'll have no excuse for making spelling mistakes when you add text to images.
(also more text affects)

Check out: http://wdvl.internet.com/Reviews/Graphics/Photoshop7/
THey have some other features described in more detail.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Ashley » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:26 pm

Oh! The brushes! You can now use more types of brush files (.abr, etc.) than you could before, and the brush control panel lets you re-orient the brushes, as well as play with the scatter, jitter, variance, etc. options. I totally forgot about that til someone mentioned the word "brush".
Ashley

Postby Fsiphskilm » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:11 am

the BANDA
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Gypsy » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:18 am

Volt wrote:the BANDAID tool!

Image To those that don't speak Voltenise, it's actually called the healing brush. It's quite the handy little trick.

In all honesty, most of the tools I use can be found in the much cheaper Photoshop Elements or LE. They take up a lot less juice too - I know that both Ink and I have done basic stuff in a smaller photoshop program simply because it's faster and doesn't choke our comps, then move into a more powerful photoshop to make some final tweaks.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Sonicbomb77 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:48 am

the best way to find out sometimes is to find out yourself. Go to google.com and search for "Adobe Photoshop Free Trial" [i would say use adobe.com, but i don't think they let you download old stuff liek that anymore] i tried them both [v6 and v7] and v7 is more modern looking [that came right off the top :hits_self ]
other than that i havent messed with either enough to find out much of a diference. sorry i couldn't help. :sweat:
Sonicbomb77

Return to Tutorials