[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
geometry. help! please?! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

geometry. help! please?!

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

geometry. help! please?!

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:28 pm

hola everyone! i am sora's friend, LostChild, and i need help with my geometry homework. i need to make two different hexagons using all seven tangram pieces. unfortuately i can't post the pictures, but if ya could give a discription of what you tink would work, thanx! use five right triangles, a tapesoid, and a square.

Namarie,
LostChild aka: Queen_Elessar.
SorasOathkeeper

Postby agasfas » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:44 pm

Sorry I only had time to do one. You should be able to get the second, I don't want to give all the answers. :P
I've come up w/ the first solution. You didn't state whether the triangles have to be equal size or if it had to be the tradition Hexagon; this should be okay because hexagons by definition only needs to have to have 6 sides. So i believe this will do, it has all the parts: 5 right triangles, one square and one trapezoid. I hope this is what your wanting; hope this works. Solution one (with the help of photoshop :thumb: ) :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:54 pm

Thank You! ;)
SorasOathkeeper

The complete solution

Postby Dante » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:33 pm

I really don't like half solutions, so here is the complete solution. What was done above was nice, however we can create a second solution from the one above, note that two alike triangles form a rectangle when they are presented as above in agasfas's example. Seeing as a rectangle is just a longer square squish his examle so that the triangles make a square and make sure that both squares are of equal size. Now we can create hexagon number two by changing the square for the two triangles and the triangles for the square. :thumb: , Putting this in another way note that you can just change the triangles above the square for the square and vise versa. Hopefully this completes the problem.
God Bless,

Pascal
Dante

Postby agasfas » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:40 pm

No problem Soras, anything I can do to help.

Pascal,I was hoping she would be able to figure the rest out. I mean, you can derive many different solutions just by flipping things around... I just wanted her to figure that one out.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Return to Tutorials