Flash 5 and Jpegs

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

Flash 5 and Jpegs

Postby tsukasamon » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:07 am

Hey, i'm using flash 5 and i am trying to make a dressup. I have not much experience with flash, and the dress up i am trying to make is in raw jpeg form. You see, i made a person on Adobe Photoshop in different layers. one for her body, and another for her shirt, another of her pants and so on for a variety of clothes. now i want to import it into flash to make it so that you can drag the clothes onto the body.
Now i already know how to do that. my only problem is that when i copy the layer of one of her clothes, say, her shirt, it is accompanied by a white background and gets in the way of the body when i drag it on. So, my ultimate question is:
How (or is there any way) do i get rid of the white bit behind the piece of clothing? I have figured out that i can cut out the white background with the lasso, but that would just take way way too long, because i would have to cut around right outside the ouline of the piece of clothing.
If anyone can help... PLEASE DO!!
tsukasamon

Postby Zar » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:30 am

hmm, I'm not sure exactly but instead of using the lasso have you tried the magic wand tool or maybe the extract tool. They are a little easier than the lasso, I think anyway
Zar

Postby inkhana » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:17 am

I've done the same thing...I believe I exported the pieces through the GIF exporter in PS and used that instead. Since you did it in layers, GIF's native transparency should translate into flash pretty well...^^ I dunno if that's an option though.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Jasdero » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:29 am

If there isn't a background layer (which you can delete if there is), then what Zar is suggesting should work fine. Good luck!! ^^
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Return to Tutorials