[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
More Photoshop stuff - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

More Photoshop stuff

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

More Photoshop stuff

Postby Dragon Master » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:27 am

:?: Ok, my friend wants to know how vital is it to have the manual? And I want to know how hard is it to use for begginers? Thanks for all answers!
I like hitting things :lickbash:
Dragon Master

Postby Esoteric » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:24 pm

Um well, in my experience, a Photoshop manual is pretty much useful only if you already have a basic working knowledge of Photoshop. I only use mine when I need to look up very specific info on a certain subject.

Just playing around with photoshop, it's not hard to learn what the basic tool buttons do just by experimenting. You can draw, fill shapes and use layers and filters pretty easy. But unless you have prior knowledge from another progam about masks, channels, and the highly technical features of photoshop, you won't really learn how to use those efficiently unless you take a course, or perhaps read the manual from cover to cover. The thing with photoshop is...there are a million different ways to do the same thing. So everyone tends to develop their own favorite 'set of tools'.

BTW, I love your Roy animation. <stares at it all day>
Esoteric

Postby Jasdero » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:52 pm

The manual? I have Photoshop CS, and I have to say that I haven't really touched it. XD Yes, it probably is useful, but you can pretty much get all the information you need from tutorials on the internet. What I do, though, is buy some.... guidebooks, I suppose you could call it. The two series that I've been sticking with is "Visual Quickstart Guide" and "Bible."

The program itself isn't hard to use, but, as you said, you're a beginner, and I remember that when I first started, it was fairly challenging.. of course, you can always get help. ^^ You can check out these tutorial sites:
http://good-tutorials.com/
http://www.n-sane.net/
http://www.tutorialman.com/
Just three of the many good sites for Photoshop tutorials. As soon as you get a hang of the basic functions in Photoshop, you should do fine. ^^ Then, you can start exploring with all the more advanced functions..
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby agasfas » Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:39 pm

good question. I just usually look up a tutorial. THat's the way to go :)
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby MyrrhLynn » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:42 am

I have never used the manuel or really any Phtoshop book for that matter. I would have to agree with everybody else that in general tutorials and books from the "Visual Quickstart Guide" and "Bible" series like Sunako suggested are better. The ones in the Visual Quickstart Guide series are easier, but will still teach you lots of good stuff, while the one in the Bible series are thick, huge, and full of lots of good stuff. :thumb:

:x:Anti Yaoi Fans :x: Daystar Design :x: MyrrhLynn.NET :x: Need an avatar? Then Click here!

"Another Sane Sig brought to you by MOES."
MyrrhLynn

Return to Tutorials