help as soon as possible.

Homework giving you a headache? Math gives you a migraine? Can't quite figure out how to do something in photoshop? Never fear, the other members of CAA share their expertise in this forum.

help as soon as possible.

Postby SilverFang » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:35 pm

I have a test tommorow over the anglo-saxon stuff. and I need help on a few things. can you tell me as mutch as you no about the seafarer , the coming of grendel ,the coming of beowulf ,the battle with grendel

thank you I will continue to look for stuff. if you want to move this go a head if its in the wrong spot. I just figured that It would get more attention here.
SilverFang

Postby redkorn » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:34 pm

hmm we read beowolf last week in english class, it was an epic peom about a viking slaying a monster called grendal, and thats about it.
redkorn

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:54 pm

O.o

um... 2 questions come to mind.
1. Have you read the works...?
2. Were you supposed to have...?
Mithrandir

Postby agasfas » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:33 pm

um... 2 questions come to mind.
1. Have you read the works...?
2. Were you supposed to have...?

I was about to ask the same thing.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby Ashley » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:53 pm

Moved to the Tutorial section.

I assume these are excerpts from Beowulf. If so, have you reviewed over CliffNotes or Sparknotes (or both?) They can't replace reading the real thing, so if you didn't read what you were supposed to they can't help much but they are a good final-prep type guide for literature.
Ashley

Postby Jasdero » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:28 am

Uh.. well... ::cough:: GOOD LUCK!!! ::runs away::
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Kaligraphic » Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:37 am

They're parts from the beginning of Beowulf. If your test is tomorrow (today), you won't be able to retain much, so just review the sparknotes, your own notes (you have notes, right?) and eat a healthy breakfast (grains & healthy stuff, don't put cola in your serial, &c).

The best help we can give you is: don't drink soda before a test, and relax. (the sugar will give you a boost at the beginning of the test, but your insulin levels will rise in response, and you'll be low-energy from the middle of the test onward - where the questions are probably getting harder)
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby Technomancer » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:35 am

The poem "The Seafarer" it should be pointed out, is not an excerpt from Beowulf, but a stand alone work. You should probably have been given Pound's translation, since that's the most common one. If not it's easy enough to find a copy either on the web or in your school/public library. An excellent compilation BTW, of Anglo-Saxon verse is a book entitled "Anglo-Saxon Poetry", which contains most of the major poems from this period (excepting Beowulf).
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Jasdero » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:20 am

Sooo...uh, sparten1056. How'd the test go?
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby SilverFang » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:06 am

I have not got my grade yet. but I at least go a C. if I did not I am going to be realy mad. well all I can say is that I tride my best and thats all I can do.
SilverFang

Return to Tutorials